You know you are a Go addict when …

… When it’s 2.30AM, thinking about the Werewolf game because you can’t sleep and the thought that crosses your mind is: “so, Mafia is closer to Go because all innocents that have to live have the same value, if we worked to save one innocent in particular it would be more like chess. Good choice for a go forum game”.

8 Likes

Can’t peel your eyes off the television playing the match between Lee Sedol and Alpha go for the 172nd time.

7 Likes

…When you think that Online Go Server should be first in search queries for OGS instead of some Office for General Services thing https://ogs.ny.gov/
…When you think that Go (the board game) should be before Go (the programming language) or even Google! (Autofill)

9 Likes

…when Google’s search algorithm knows you’re a Go addict, and you do get Go-related results as a first result when searching “OGS” or “Go”

24 Likes

I’m on the way! I get Go (the board game) as the third result, but the first two are still some programming language.

7 Likes

Second.
No Pokemon or Counter-Strike, things are getting better.

And first. I guess it helps an OGS tab is almost always open…

8 Likes

Still third! I don’t CARE about some programming language!
I suppose the Office of General Services is important…
Notes: Yes, I had to learn how to take a screenshot. I didn’t know that.
I do have COSUMI as a bookmark. I want to beat it!
Yes, I am in Three Village Central School District. (3V Health). It is Elementary because I am starting in the new unit.
I had this tab open.
Also, Gia seems very interested in Go! (Sensei’s library). 16 moves OGS? You really need to catch up. I don’t know the rest, though I could probably research if I wanted to. Your name is probably Gia, because your letter is G.

6 Likes

And your name is probably HHG, because your letter is H.

5 Likes

I intentionally removed tabs/ folders that might traumatize a delicate soul. FYI. :slight_smile:

I go by Gia because nobody outside my country can pronounce my name (and it’s a bit rare, so even people in my own country might mix it up with other names, but still I refuse to get a nickname in Greek :woman_shrugging:t2: )

7 Likes

OK, @Gia, you’re a certified Go addict now:

11 Likes

Still playing-not-studying, though. :wink:

4 Likes

16 moves though. Way less than me.

4 Likes

When you cry after finding out that one of your stones is missing.

10 Likes

I think that would annoy me, but not remembering how many I should have and not having the willpower to count them saves me from that.

8 Likes

181 black, 180 white :slight_smile:

8 Likes

Not for playing with Ing rules though, IIRC :sunglasses:

2 Likes

Does anyone still do that? I thought they were dead…

4 Likes

When you know how many stones are used in dead rulesets …

16 Likes

When you’re playing go in your dreams

10 Likes

out tabs are so similar I also have leela up there and AI sensei

3 Likes