You know you are a Go addict when …

Seeing as this phrase is becoming more and more common, I suggest the addition of “Ykyagfa”.

Ykyaagfa*

from Imgflip Meme Generator

Almost there on SL too

5 Likes

Ykyāgaw you’re happy that a post was made about your addiction so that you get free reporting of what’s new on Recent Changes.

2 Likes

I think I got there on SL :D

5 Likes

We had to have a couple trees cut down last year, and I went out with a measuring tape to see if any of them were of a good size for making a goban. One was, but it was also pretty deteriorated, so no luck there.

4 Likes

I was dashing through the site looking for a one-word title that could fit with Ear-reddening Game in the middle line of my RandomPage haiku.

One of these days I’m going to have to start posting in Managing Go Addiction - (serious).

7 Likes

Wow… So there are threads not owned by bugcat (yet) after all :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

For now~ :D

Ykyaga

When you collect and keep small things that you will never use like:

a small go set in a woodbox with small wood stones (very slippery btw)
Another small set made of plastic flat lenses (you lost the board you were supposed to play with these)
A card set for a go variant (played once only)
The manual of the sophisticated clock that you will have to read again if someday finally your clock will be useful (then you’ll have to go buy batteries too)
Some mangas figurines (I don’t have these but I think some have).
A few 9*9 goboards printed on some Kraft paper in a miserable condition (Ah now I know what are these plastic lenses for)
Some fans with a writing from Takeimiya or Ishida or…
Nice sentimental gift by a passing pro but absolutely no use at all.
A pair of stones in a little red bag with printed on it the name of a club: surely the most ridiculous prize I ever won in a tournament.

10 Likes

Ykyaga when you’re watching Tokyo 2020 opening ceremony and you see Nakamura Sumire directing the orchestra

8 Likes

YKYAAGO when your wife makes you a Go themed cake :heart:

…and you know she isn’t when you realise she accidentally made the board 10x10 :stuck_out_tongue:

28 Likes

Don’t complain, this cake looks delicious.

2 Likes

Pretty sure this is the most adorable post of the year! I love it! Honestly the 10x10 makes it all that much better.

4 Likes

No complaining, it is :heart:

Thanks I think so too :heart:

1 Like

10/10

4 Likes

Just put the stones inside the squares

8 Likes

Ykyagaw…

…when you see the Go birthday cake and your first thought is “Black is winning” :rofl:

10 Likes

Hum maybe white can kill black right side group?
But counting the stones seems it’s b turn.

2 Likes

You know you’re a forums addict when you learn about the opening of the Olympics solely from

and

5 Likes