2015 OGS Rengo World Cup (CANCELED)

Xhu, I’d be signed up with a team member from another backwater state if the rules allowed it. Would you consider a mixed-state team for those of us who’ve made an effort and failed to find an in-state partner?

1 Like

@saxmaam - I will open registration for mixed-state teams after March 20. It’s on my to-do list :smile:

###It’s March 20! If you are in USA/Canada and you find it difficult to team up with a member of the same state/province, you can now recruit players of adjacent states/provinces as well! :smile:

Cool - How are we counting Europe?

1 Like

Anyone from Michigan, Ohio, Indiana, or Wisconsin want to play?

@SgtSunshine I will open cross-nation registration on March 25. :smiley:

Cool :slight_smile:

1 Like

Team name for Arkansas and New Mexico would be the following?

USA-Arkansas-NewMexico

I was thinking that since all the states adjacent to MI are Great Lakes states, the team could be USA-GreatLakes-1.

But I’m guessing that we will just have to choose one of the member states to use for the official team name.

@saxmaam - The team name will be USA-Arkansas-New-Mexico.

@Samraku - We will name the team after the participating states; for example, if your teammate is from WI, then the name is USA-Michigan-Wisconsin.

Ok, Alphabetically, it appears?

1 Like

Oh, and this seemed a little vague in pdf, so should a team create a shared Challonge account and use that to create a Challonge team, or should they use their personal Challonge accounts to create a Challonge team?

@Samraku - Both players should have their individual accounts on Challonge first, before creating a Challonge team. Also, the team should have an OGS shared team account as described in the handbook.

1 Like

So would all three accounts join the team? And would the shared account create it, or one of the individual accounts?

@Samraku - If you are talking about Challonge, then one of the 2/3 players in the team would collect everyone’s individual Challonge usernames, create the team account, and then add the other player(s) to the team.

The team can also designate one of the players to create a shared OGS team account, then tell the other player(s) the password.

Hey ! Seems like a really great event ! I have to question regarding the qualfications to enter the tournament. What do you mean by “must be an active user” ? We don’t play much on OGS yet, but if we play 20 games (at least) before March 31 st will we be considered active users enough ?

Thanks in advance !

1 Like

@Kolibry - You are an active user if you are playing games on OGS :smiley: And yes, playing 20 ranked 19x19 games before March 31 will qualify you for the tournament. :blush:

And finally, cross-nation registration open! :smiley:

2 Likes

Yahoo! Team registered

2 Likes

Congrats :slight_smile: