2015 OGS Rengo World Cup (CANCELED)

Registration is ending on March 31! Form your teams soon if you haven’t! :smiley:

1 Like

Hello all. I’d like to suggest that those of us who are registered remind our OGS friends of this tournament, especially those who are online. Just send them the link to this thread. Not everyone reads the forums or belongs to TNL…

2 Likes

Sign me up. :slight_smile:

-Meloco

#LAST DAY OF REGISTRATION!!!

GO GO GO! (pun intended)

Do you have a teammate yet?

Nope. You? ^^

Not yet - Do you feel like teaming up with an 18k?

The massive discrepancy in our ranks will make it hard to play as a team.

It would be better for both of us to team up with someone closer to our own ranks, but if push comes to shove I’d be ok with it.

I concur - which is rather a shame :frowning:

May I point out that xhu98 (4 dan) and archpaladin (14k) are a team? A large discrepancy in rank can actually make rengo more fun and interesting. So don’t let that stop you!

3 Likes

@jonathanqjones @SgtSunshine Please also note that the games will be handicapped by reverse komi.

doo doo doo doo doo doo doo …

In case you don’t recognize it, that’s the Jeopardy theme song. I’m ready!

1 Like

2 more open spots left! Go go go!

Hey all,

I would like to extend the deadline for signing up for the 2015 OGS Rengo World Cup. We currently have 14 registered teams, which is great! :smile: However, we would like to see 2 more teams join us, so that we will have 16 teams in total and no wildcard rounds.

Those who have signed up, thank you so much for your enthusiasm in Rengo (and in World Cup glory!!) Please let your fellow OGSer friends know of this event, and encourage them to register. The earlier we reach 16, the earlier we will be able to carry out a new time schedule! :heart:

Hello, where can we see the list of team who already sign-up?

CURRENT TEAMS:

USA Maryland (calantir, tinuviel)
USA New Hampshire (xhu98, archpaladin1, Beethoven (sub))
USA Arkansas-New Mexico (saxmaam, Eorgosa, zuz (Canadian, sub))
USA California (nadoss, mark5000)
USA Nebraska (Orbix19, Kid Icarus)
Canada Ontario (noahthefuzzy, animeboy225)
France (Fenring, stephane90)
Israel-Jordan (Moss, herbie)
Israel (gRUR, terr)
Germany 1 (fudogami, flowing)
Germany 2 (Sionnach, Hamlet)
Finland (KoBa, NinzieQT)
Austria (Vicarios, Criculann)
Belgium-France (Blue Lady, Marnoris)
South Africa-USA (SivartKceBael, Meloco)

Germany-Netherlands (michiha, Rataridicta) OR USA-Minnesota-Nevada (Fairgo, Hikari-chan)

16 TEAMS!!! YAY!!!

@Fenring See the list above :smile:

So with 16 teams, will there be 4 groups of 4 playing round robin, and then 8 quarterfinalists?

@calantir Correct.