2021 thoughts (since nobody made one)

Regardless of the events, this is juicy on its own merit

(I tried to find a tldr, but more detailed articles exist)

1 Like

Mathematics are becoming the science of power in many fields

Bitcoins and virtual money

Communication and its security.
This one include internet but not only. All these drones robots have to be directed too with full security

AI use mathematics too.

Will mathematics stay as a science out of states control?

From: Germany election: Merkel heir loses support as parties meet - BBC News

6 Likes

Ooh the last one. OOOF.

(also I find the idea somewhat stupid tbh, “Kenya coalition nickname of German parties” :roll_eyes:, but we live in the times of TikTok, so that’s what we get I guess )

2 Likes

Vive la RĂ©publique! Vive la France!

cookie

3 Likes

Definitely. But these are the nicknames for possible coalitions that have actually been in use in German media for 10+ years. Except for the “Germany-coalition”. Haven’t heard that before. But “Ampelkoalition” or “Jamaikakoalition” already sound totally normal to me. :sweat_smile:
The “Grand coalition”, “Große Koalition”, which has been in place during the previous years, is often even abbreviated to “GroKo”. (And everybody hates the GroKo. Worst choice. :grin:)

4 Likes

I’m not sure, “Germany” sounds like a worse flavour of GroKo to me.

GroKo, but with more emphasis on “saving the economy”

3 Likes

Yes, the “Germany”-coalition would be my worst nightmare.
I just didn’t think about it before - it has never occured during my lifetime. (I just looked it up and it seems it happened or was discussed on a regional level in Sachsen-Anhalt before.)

Btw, in Berlin we’ve had “R2G” for a while now - RedRedGreen, which is a coalition of SPD, the Left, and the Greens.

3 Likes

It’s close to what we had the last few years in the Netherlands, with VVD (our FDP) being largest, combined with D66 (which is a more progressive & social than FDP, but more economically liberal than SPD) and the two largest Christian parties (basically our CDU & CSU).

Here’s the colours:

4 Likes

Pretty colours, but sounds awful otherwise. :wink:

2 Likes

Weird-colored Go stones you got there :face_with_monocle:

2 Likes

I should watch this channel more

5 Likes

Is expensive gas causing problems in other parts of the world?

3 Likes

No. (At least not now and not that I’ve heard.)

6 Likes

Fake news. She used the word “lorry” instead

5 Likes

Argh, now I don’t know if there some confusion between gas and petrol?!

Gas prices are high (250% increase or something this year). Gas supply companies are going bust. Petrol is regular price but unavailable because there are no drivers to transport it.

[Edit: how do you distinguish between gas and gas in America? If petrol is called gas then gas I suppose is called something else again?]

5 Likes

Gas and natural gas

5 Likes

Hmm, I read that both gas and petrol are getting more expensive, but it hasn’t been a big problem so far here in Germany.

Here, gas went up a lot last spring, but it has been stable ever since.

But not natural gas?