All-in-one democratic go game (how-to)

Yes, I still hope we can enable to see the votes. There is no interaction possible between the start of the vote and the end of the vote. Campaigning for moves, or changing your move halfway aren’t as fun either.

6 Likes

Yes, this game don’t makes much sense anyway. So there is no sense in scientifically accurate double blind study. This is a GAME. Game should be more fun first.
And, may the force of Tengen be with you.

3 Likes

In this situation D3 or C4 always played, so both should be included anyway.
Question is: do anyone has other suggestion?)

1 Like

I completely agree for a speeding poll, and that will be a good example. (Opened by Samraku and me)

Speeding poll

• D3

0 voters

2 Likes

For reference, the Speeding Poll needs 6 votes to carry.

No need any other suggestion just break the poll and it’s necessary to propose another move with a few words so we can keep simple like this; and yes we need half of 12 so 6 votes to carry (or 24hrs)

(Btw edited the ruleset for the 24hrs)

2 Likes

That makes sense. And having only one option makes it a lot more obvious to play players that it’s a Speeding Poll, which I think on further reflection is quite valuable, so I withdraw my suggestion.

2 Likes

Normal pool, speeding pool only if an agreement from players that there is obviously only one move to play

1 Like

I think sente is important here at this stage and simplicity too. Not sure if there isn’t any ladders involved in the flying thing so I chose E4

4 Likes

Agreement comes from the discussion. The speed poll can be interrupted if it appears that the agreement was too quickly made or involved too few people and a wrong decision was made.
The point is to not waste fun and time when everybody agree that there is only one move to play, and still keep a window open if the unanimity was wrong.

Speed polls may be abused, but then disrupted which will just annoy everyone because what should have been a gain would become a waste of time.

1 Like

Who gets to make such judgements? Ultimately, does such authority, and hence power, lie in just the hands of just one?

3 Likes

Anyone can disrupt the poll, as long as he has something else to propose.
In fact I keep in mind that this game should run by any players soon. For example it would be great that when the speed poll reach the quota (1/2) any player passing around post the result and invite suggestions.

1 Like

I really like the way you’ve structured and are running this, Groin. It’s really turning into a pretty robust system, and I’m pleasantly surprised to see pretty reasonable moves so far, which I think makes for the most interesting zengo experience. (This is basically zengo adapted for forum play)

2 Likes

Till now I am pleased we have quite a bunch of players here, and yep it’s running smoothly.

So who said, suggestions? I am curious what’s coming more?

1 Like

We went from a single proposed move to confirmation and playing it within a few hours. Many people wouldn’t have even had a chance to object, due to time zone differences.

4 Likes

White 8 to move:

• E3
  • F3
  • E4
  • K10
  • Another move, please specify

0 voters

For the next turn, I would really like that everyone come and give his suggestion. I did wrong myself and I do apologise but I should restrain myself to suggest too quickly and let lower ranked give their proposal first or we are going to never hear them anymore. Well I have a strong interest in what they could suggest too. (I am also super interested in what stronger players could suggest of course)

2 Likes

I don’t like speeding poll with the only option.
There should be “another move” option. If “another” wins, speeding poll should be annulled and poll with at least 2 moves + other created.

4 Likes

Maybe you just need to push the game in a direction that makes tengen more appealing. :smiley:

1 Like

A ko especially should be scrutinised and not played on automatic pilot. Missing a chance to reverse sente after answering a threat can cost you the ko.

4 Likes

Yes that was not the best example to chose