All-in-one democratic go game (how-to)

I kind of assumed that @Groin was the person to put up polls and declare a winner. If we’re all going to start our own polls, then this becomes a big mess.

So I’m not voting in either poll and I’ll wait for @Groin to decide what to do next.

Groin isn’t always here, there were many polls by others already

1 Like

OK, thanks for clearing that up.

people see word “other” that don’t even have circle on picture of board
Do you think many people will to vote for something so vague?
“other” has problems similar to discrimination, it needs help

I mean why even added new options, if you mentioned previously the only reason for a 2nd poll is to pick a winner. This only creates more problem by your own word.

it solves 1 old problem, but creates new 2 problems.

One vote for one move makes sense, and I’m surprised that a tie never happened for more than 50 moves.

For opinions split like this, it says a lot - white is pretty busy at the moment, many places seemed important. And the 1st poll indicates most of us agree the top white moyo is the most important. It’s the matter of how to achieve that are differ.

1 Like

So quick answers

@gennan Since the beginning I offer to everyone to make polls or publish result as I’m not sure I get the time always especially because a majority of players don’t want a too long time setting after consulting.
@stone.defender did a few times a great job to relay me, and he’s not the only one who could do it. I just aim to keep that game alive.
@stone.defender
Let me clarify
Making the second turn by excluding the self votes seems fair. If no one share your suggestion, well, maybe you can have a look on what the other players suggest.
For the third round, I think it’s too much so yes we have to find a simple way to chose. If you have better way as the first appearance in the thread, let me know.
@claire_yang
From the beginning we vote one move only and that hasn’t be criticized. I think we are not in some statistics studies but in playing a game together and it’s important for the quality of the suggestions that everyone chose one move. If we agree on that, then there could be other ways to proceed keeping what worked well till now

1 Like

We all agree if in the future, a tie happened again, the follow-up poll would just be a tie-breaker poll with options that tied? (2-way tied with 2, 3-way tied with 3, etc.)

What if a second tie happened again in the 2nd poll? Go for a 3rd round?

link that leads to randomly generated number is needed (1 or 2)
number have to be generated some minutes after link is posted - so everyone can see that poster didn’t reset random generator until desirable result

komi 7.0 fast game of bot vs bot can be used for this.
black wins - first choice
white wins - second

1 Like

It’s a “human” democratic game, I don’t feel it’s proper to invoke bots in the decision, if we rely on AI opinions, there is no point voting.

2 Likes

I think it was only suggested as a convoluted coin-toss for tie-breaker (the game result of an AI self-play game with fair komi).

2 Likes

The process involved AI would still be bias, not a coin-toss…

Do someone have to live stream a coin-toss?

I don’t trust those coins either.

Maybe we need a Quantum Random Number Generator?

1 Like

Can’t we just create an OGS game, and let the random color picking black/white as a coin-toss?

1 Like

How to flip a coin

@discobot roll 1d2

1 Like

:game_die: 1

1 Like

@discobot roll 1d2

:game_die: 1