Are you worried about coronavirus?

Oh f***. I’ll shut up now.

1 Like

@Eugene, @trohde, there are also similar country-to-country comparisons in logarithmic plots in the “trends” section on this page:

6 Likes

It’s official, Greece in shutdown starting tomorrow.

4 Likes

:smiley: Australia isn’t on that graph! :exploding_head:

Yebellz graphs FTW !!

3 Likes

4 Likes

Got to yield to the urge to …

… THANK YOU, folks, you all are AWESOME!

Thanks for …

• the many good pieces of information you share here,
  • all those really valuable links to verifiable information,
  • staying on-topic,
  • NOT posting fake news, conspiration “theories”, etc.,
  • interspersing li’l things for a healthy laugh in between.

THIS IS A BIG ONE, these are hard times, and they’re going to get much, much worse.

What you’re doing here, folks, is great community work. I love everyone of you for your contributions.

I’ve shared many of your links with my friends in healthcare, teaching, etc., and they all thank me for the information because they have less and less time to search for it, therefore I need to pass on the love to y’all here.

Here’s a meta-heart for you. Stay safe, and I hope to play a game w/ you some day.

tenor-214123258

18 Likes
4 Likes

6 Likes

9 Likes
5 Likes

Listening to Trump is always a bad idea…

5 Likes
2 Likes

Number of total cases minus rocovered minus dead in the last 60 days

in Asia active cases reduce
in other world its only beginning to increase

3 Likes

In a lot of places around the world, things are starting to become very bad, and they will get much worse, even though shutdowns and mass quarantines have recently or will soon be coming into effect. Like a massive runaway train, this pandemic has a terrible amount of momentum, since the people infected today might only be discovered a couple of weeks later. It will take several painful weeks to begin to see results, but it so urgently important that drastic steps are taken as quickly and as aggressively as possible.

Wherever you are as you are reading this, it’s most likely that your region is in a similar situation, maybe delayed or ahead by about a week, but still on the same path. I wish the best for you and your loved ones, and that your region takes a better path. I hope that we may all be among the very fortunate ones that endure no worse than some isolated time at home and rationing of supplies.

Whatever ordeals you may face ahead, please stay strong, hold on to hope, and keep yourself safe.

Italy is ahead of most of us on the curve and has experienced hellish and unfathomable suffering. They have been in lock down for two weeks now, and there is hope in the appearance of potential deceleration.

9 Likes

Today my country announced that all organised events regardless of number of participants are cancelled until June 1 and it’s from now on punishable by fine to be within 1.5m range of others, estimated to be up to €400 for individuals and for shops up to €4000 if they have too many customers.

Also, if there is one person with fever in the household, nobody else is allowed to leave the house either for two weeks, regardless of being ill or not.

As bad as it is, we’re still just at the beginning of the outbreak…

5 Likes

Well, I guess for somethings it gets worse before it gets better. Everyone is going to get sick, and they are going to continue putting restraints on people and stores, until it ends. Luckily though, nothing lasts forever, including this.

I’m just trying to survive a month trapped in the house with my nosey and confrontational mother, plus other family members.

I tried to buy a ton of novelty fizzy drinks on Japan Centre, but once I got to the checkout they said there’d be a week’s delay on top of a week’s transport time. So I abandoned the cart.

It’d be nice to spend an evening in a pub (even though everyone ignores me there and I spend the time on my phone). OGS forum in one hand, pint glass of the crap local bitter in the other, radiator blasting behind me… that’d be the life.

I’m sober, bored, and miserable; I’m planning on trying to spend most of my time asleep, eating takeaway pizza, and watching old sitcoms. Not going to try to improve at Go, I think that ship has sailed. I might carry on trying to learn Latin, I might give up… my attention to it is wavering, I keep procrastinating and meandering through Wikipedia and Youtube.

Apparently we aren’t even permitted to walk down the street for “non-essential” purposes now; all non-essential shops to close. You can’t even go to the park and buy a machine-processed ice cream out of a Mr Whippy van. It’s looking bloody grim up ahead.

9 Likes

I wonder how much a TV monitor costs. I think I’ve got an old Nintendo Wii somewhere, perhaps I can buy Mario Maker off Amazon and grind on that for a bit. Oh, I probably can’t afford the monitor anyway…

Today I’m meant to ring the DWP to get some jobseekers’ benefit. But they know and I know that it’s impossible to get a job right now, so they’ll just send me bad-tempered phone calls and give me money I don’t have anything to buy with, whilst I try to prove to them that I’m looking for work that they know I can’t find.

4 Likes

I reckon for some people here, the lockdown is actually very comfy.

Picture it: you, your spouse / lover / whathaveyou, a cat, hell maybe a couple of nice chunky cats, a collection of vinyls that are actually good vinyls and not crap '70s jazz, a full wine rack, gins, a case of stouts, craft ales, a tin of shortbread biscuits, and a big list of films to watch as you snuggle down under the blanket and wish it would never end…

Somebody here is living like this right now. Probably @_KoBa :<

7 Likes

Weird blip - the latest data column is filled with the numbers from the day before!