Are you worried about coronavirus?

Antibody tests suggest that there were more than 2 million infected in New York City
so you may multiply official number of cases in any country up to 10 times

3 Likes

My soap bar in my bathroom was finished in just a week! :soap:

1 Like

Always remember: No pata pata!

3 Likes

I don’t think they mean what I read in the headline…

7 Likes

Clearly they mean that people put on each other’s clothes to promote the use of alcohol during the drop in the sale of records.

7 Likes

It’s a little surreal. I have re-watched “The Stand” based on the book by Stephen King, and started to read the book. “The Stand” has a killer flu in it. I’ve also re-watched “Twelve Monkeys” the movie with Brad Pitt, Bruce Willis, and Madeline Stowe. That also has a killer flu that kills everyone. Brad Pitt as Jeffrey is one of my favorite film performances, and I’ve always loved “The Stand”.

But it’s a little surreal to be going about your business, living regular life, and have life suddenly turn into “Twelve Monkeys” or “The Stand”.

It’s not that I’m scared. I’m brave. Always wanted to be brave. That’s why I’ve loved horror movies since I was a tiny child. I also love science fiction.

I think, if you have a dream about Mother Abigail or Randall Flagg, then we’ll know we’re in trouble. Till then, we’ll probably be ok. I asked my dad and he said he’d probably dream about Flagg. What do you think? Going to make a stand against evil or does the devil have his reasons?

If anyone claiming to be from the future has traveled back in time to stop terrorists called the army of the twelve monkeys from releasing the corona virus, then we’re in definite trouble. Actually it was never the Twelve Monkeys that did it, it was a lone creepy guy. Watch out for that creepy guy.

But obviously, it’s too late now. Will we have to live underground like in the movie?

Interesting difference: the flu in twelve monkeys doesn’t appear to be zootopic, the one from “The Stand” is. Corona virus is. That means it’s contagious to animals too.

3 Likes

It’s not contagious to most animals, only some.

Definitely not.

A big issue I think we should talk about more that no one is talking about is that there are no migrant workers to help plant in farming fields. Normally you’d see 600 or so come in from some other country to work in a state or province for a few months but now we’re only getting about 100.

I don’t see civilians from Canada or the USA picking up the slack and actually earning their covid relief money, so there may indeed be an actual food shortage in fall. Couple this with meat processing plants in Alberta closing due to COVID…

5 Likes

there might already be people living underground though. why else would people need so much toilet paper? They’re living in their cold war bomb shelters, obviously.

You might be interested to know that Twelve Monkeys is loosely based on La Jatee, a most beautiful short film that I highly recommend… (Brad Pitt cracks me up in that film).

Coincidentally it may have been the final entry in The Raptor Game. RIP.

Otherwise...

In my area part of the population that have the means to stockpile goods, weapons, toilet paper, whatever else, are also protesting that they are locked down… and not even locked down so much but there favorite businesses are closed… Go figure? @Kaworu_Nagisa makes a great point… Especially with many industrial level plants running on the backs of cheap/immigrant labor(1), shutting down(2), or throwing away food(3).

Edits for linkage…

2 Likes

If you have a reason to necro the thread(or if you want to continue the game), what I got from the first half of the necro thread is that it needs to be relevant to whatever you are posting on.

I did know that, although I haven’t seen the short film. Glad to see someone else loves Brad Pitt. Just might be my favorite ever performance ever. Brad Pitt should have been given more character acting roles and less “handsome guy” roles.

Did you know they made a “12 Monkeys” tv show on the SyFy channel? I’m watching some of it, they changed everything obviously, and it’s literally painful to watch someone else try and be Brad Pitt. I’m just so prejudiced. I thought he was so funny in that movie. How could anyone, ever, compare?

I have to say, though, I would like to watch Brad Pitt as Jeffrey for hours and hours and hours… not just that movie.

2 Likes

There is an alternative to work in internet - to live at work instead of home.
Some started to practice it in Russia.

2 Likes

Well, I know it’ll be over before this game is over - https://online-go.com/game/23404199 :slight_smile:
On a more serious note, I am worried about Coronavirus.

3 Likes

I’m not convinced, you played 70+ moves in 3 days time. That’s faster than most fast correspondence games!

3 Likes

At the end, I’ll stall until COVID-19 is eradicated.

3 Likes

What if they lose and resign? You can’t stall your opponent from resigning.

1 Like

Predictions for different countries

2 Likes

This looks much too optimistic to me. I bet it doesn’t take into account that pretty much everywhere the lock downs are loosend as soon as the number start to go down significantly.

7 Likes

Plus, there’s not enough testing in most countries, especially in poor countries. We have no idea what is actually going on.

5 Likes