Art & Go

This topic will deal with the game of go /weiqi / baduk as it manifests itself in art, that can be defined as

the expression or application of human creative skill and imagination, typically in a visual form such as painting or sculpture, producing works to be appreciated primarily for their beauty or emotional power.

The covers of Go World are used as a stARTing point, but other go related art forms are certainly not excluded.

What do I know about go related art?
Absolutely nothing, but I guess I will learn :smiley:

Feel free to add go related art, comment, ask questions, share your knowledge, etc.

6 Likes

This is a reproduction of an oban triptych.

6 Likes

Is it allowed (copyright things) to copy the front covers of Goworld?

Don’t know.
Edit: If it is a problem, I will delete the screenshots and refer to the websites where the the specific art can be found.
Usually it is tolerated when it is not for commercial use and when the source is mentioned.

This?

Also this?

1 Like

AlphaGo chan

(there were 3 more images)

14 Likes

Hentai? :grin:

3 Likes

See

2 Likes

Does anyone have this book? I’m thinking of buying it.

It seems outside world still can’t understand new Japanese culture

5 Likes

I like all the images you’ve posted.
I didn’t mean to criticize.

1 Like

there are a lot of Go pictures by Kalyptane (Alizée Chabin)

21 Likes

While people panic over black and white kid comic on the other thread, I will post one more anime style picture:

Do not open if you are against being at the beach or swimming pool

11 Likes

That’s an unorthodox board! :scream:

3 Likes

withdrawn, already referred to info

Murugandi https://www.instagram.com/murugandi/

17 Likes

Nice pictures!

By the way - last picture got me wondering: is there any origami (folding-paper technique) for making a stone? A realistic looking one, of course crumplings do not count :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

But it will take you a long time to fold 180 white and 181 black stones :crazy_face:

4 Likes

I fall under the charm for the first one, so deep feeling.

googled Escher and Go after this

https://www.deviantart.com/hop41

17 Likes