Art & Go

the 31 illustrations “go & animals” are finished :smiley:
You can discover them on my blog and on the shop (prints and calendar 2023)

8 Likes

Etsy weiqi

6 Likes

Project Euler Art

Source

Project Euler / programming problems - #433 by shinuito

1 Like

And some more OGS Forums art

Edit: one more

4 Likes

AI generated go art

Source

https://forums.online-go.com/t/i-used-an-ai-to-make-paintings-using-only-the-terms-baduk-and-weiqi-thoughts/39530

Might be fanorona?

1 Like

It closely resembles the board used for two fighting games, “Cows and Leopards” and “Sixteen Soldiers,” from ancient Ceylon. The difference is that the illustrated board lacks the triangular wings on the other three sides of the central square. See R. C. Bell, Board and Table Game from Many Civilizations, vol. 1, pp. 50 and 81.

1 Like

Joining dots on a grid was a common choice for ancient games. There’s plenty of them with different boards and different ruselets.

What strikes me with is one is that:

• not all the lines are traced, there’s a few missing making some sort of bottleneck for the game
  • pieces look like they’re painted or ornated in some way
  • the board isn’t squared and it also isn’t symmetrical, even though we know that japanese artists sometimes weren’t so accurate with these details

Of course it resembles fanorona (which I din’t know, thanks @ArsenLapin1 ) but the grid and the pieces don’t match.
It resembles even more with “Cows and Leopards” and “Sixteen Soldiers” (which I din’t know either, thanks @Conrad_Melville) because of the missing links on the board. But they’re squared.
I was thinking too about some sort of “chase game” like Fox and Geese, but I can’t find any japanese game related to those.
It could even be a solitaire game, since pieces out of the board are all on the same side.

I spent hours trying to find it online but I failed.
I found this lovely article though, with a lot of ancient games:

2 Likes

I tried also a picture search, looking for some interesting labelling, but I’ve got just one hit:

It says “Girls playing a game Japanese print” that’s all.

Got it!

That’s actually 16 soldiers but the Japanese version

3 Likes

Go Zendo Art

2 Likes

Just discovered these two wonderful threads:

2 Likes

Some nice ones from these topics

are shown below.

The third picture is not Go. The original is here. Maybe that picture should be removed :thinking:

Turkey Go Society Business Cards - Source for Image

Here is a really awesome gif for the Samsung Fire Cup.

K-Baduk Channel - Permalink for the Image Source

Go Championship 2020, Russia - Source Link

K-Design Award '19 – Source Link

1 Like

No can do, replies can only be edited for a certain period. After that it is final.

The edit function is available for 1 week, IIRC.

Well, the post referred to is two years old.
:joy:

Weiqi ceramique

6 Likes

Go trees & more

2 Likes