Capture go problems ⚫

May I ask if there are some resources for these capture go problems? They are quite interesting.

I’m creating them myself, so this thread is all there is for now as far as I know :slight_smile: (if there is some other collection of problems I’d love to hear about it)

Once my program for solving these problems is a bit stronger the plan is to share the whole collection of problems (I have a lot more than what I’ve shared so far) on a website where you can play each problem against the computer. I decided to share some problems here first to get some feedback on which type of problems are interesting, and how difficult they are.

6 Likes

I’ve been quite busy with other things but I’ve caught up with the thread. Not quite caught up, problem 9 is a beast. Anyway, your work is still appreciated.

3 Likes
Solution to problem 11

Here are some more symmetrical problems. I’m posting three at once since they are pretty easy.

Problem 12

Demo board

Problem 13

Demo board

Problem 14

Demo board

4 Likes
Problem 12?

C5

Problem 13?

B4

Problem 14?

A2 and E2 then C2

I’m still thinking about your 2n group sekii statement. It sounds like something provable.

2 Likes

Ok, I think you’re ready for another hard one :smiley:

Problem 15

Demo board

5 Likes

D1 B1E2

1 Like

D1 B1 E2 E3!

Then F3?

White 8 connects thanks to shortage of liberties!

2 Likes

If Black starts with E2 without exchangeing D1 - B1 first, then White can’t play E4 because Black would answer with F2 and capture one of the stones F1 or G1.

1 Like

E2 E1?

Résumé

Black F2 then force W to connect and live bigger so wins

I’m thinking E2 E1 F3, but I admit that I didn’t read to the end …

1 Like
Correct!

Black wins by one move in the end:

3 Likes

Problem 16

Demo board

3 Likes
Attempt

I suggest starting with E2, aiming at the B2 weakness. After White blocks with E1, directly cutting with B2 doesn’t seem to work, so lets continue with G3.

possible continuation (black wins by one move):

another branch:

2 Likes

Very nice! The order of moves needs to be super precise on this one, and you got it exactly right.

1 Like

This next one is a lot easier, but there are still some traps to watch out for…

Problem 17

Demo board

3 Likes
solution?

2 Likes