Cheating

I am interested in finding out who are you. What is your position in OGS. Thanks.

Man, I’d forgotten what rubbish acting and dialogue that movie had!! :smiley: :slight_smile:

Me? Lol I’m nobody. Just an everyday go player like most of the people in here. If I was special I’d have a title next to my name :wink:

1 Like

I was the one who opened the topic and it has been opened for awhile. I dont read the comments. I assumed that t was related to the issue that I brought up. THAT was the reason I came back here.

To the people in the forum and in particular to the one who s upset about my “ramblings”. Perhaps some have plenty of free time to continue to have to call the mods and continue to lose games (I did not know that it can be fixed) and by the way my score went down and I had to play many more games to raise my score c/s that person has a lower score than me - and something like this wont bother them, AND have spent who knows how long …years n the server? And feel very confident. I just got here.

I do NOT want to attend the tournament and play with children. I am older. Do you understand?

I know many people who when they have nothing to do …they go to cafes and use different personas. That person who I did report came back w a different username and did to me EXACTLY the same thing. I lost two games b/c of it - I do NOT appreciate to have to spend my time continuing to report to mods and continue to waste my PRECIOUS time.

For those who do not know the story: This person kept me for at least 5 mn AFTER the game was over - Understand that I am in a rush to learn the game and I am extremely busy. In a week I am attending a tournament. She/he came back to do to me the same thing again. I do not appreciate someone with problems keeping me captive.

I am hoping to find someone who can teach me how to use another server. I’ve a Mac and I am going to have to use an old PC.

Thank you for asking Kickaha

I forgot to mention that I am NOT criticizing the moderators. NOT at all. Initially, I was venting. Obviously, BHyden does not like it - Why not open a different thread? I dont know a thing about go servers. I am busy learning the game.

The same problems can happen anywhere and I don’t know a single service which would have means of preventing such behaviour.

Currently players who repetitively abuse TOS will be banned given enough evidence. Do you have some specific solutions from other serves on your mind which could be implemented here? If you have some good examples. please share!

The reason for which I am moving on it has nothing to do with the programmers/mods. I just do not want to deal with certain people in this Forum in the event of having to come back and not being welcome for making trouble and rambling. Thanks for the advice.

Well, then grab another one - you can find annoying people everywhere, don’t let them upset you :gift:

2 Likes

“BHydden1d mark5000
I’m curious to hear that moderators are now annulling games rather than overturning the result. Could you please elaborate further as to why this change has been made?”

Would not the above be another thread? Why it was continued n the thread that I created? Then Byden complains about me. Had this Not happened I would have not longer adding to the msgs I did not further read c/s I did not know what they were talking about. I Assumed that t had to do with MY complain…some weirds upsetting people.

Sorry to hear that it angered you so much, but it resulted as a natural continuation of the conversation, and it is still quite connected with the original issue, that’s why they continued. Since as I understand it your original problem was solved at that point and you did not have to feel obligated to continue reading.

If you want to no longer recieve alerts that there are new messages in the thread, you can disable them by clicking the “tracking” button at the end of the thread.

This is a public discussion forum, rather than tech support (although we are doding what we can to help with all the issues), therefore we generally talk more about the general idea rather than the single specific issue. (And sometimes just chat a bit) Maybe that’s why you felt confused about it. Both Mark and BHydden are very nice people as far as I know and have conducted quite within all respectfull lines in my opinion, so please try to refrain from any name calling.

And just to make things completely clear, I too am just another player here and have no official business with OGS. So all my posts are just represantation of my personal opinions. We are just trying to help :slight_smile:

11 Likes

Hi. I am trying to understand/learn what the offender did to me. How was possible for him to continue with the game when the result was in my favor. He did this repeatedly for many many minutes until I had to let it time out (I reported him, of course) which made him the winner (and remember he came back again to do the same with a different username) Just to be clear, I would like to know how did he accomplish this? Did he cancel the game to continue and procceed to fill both territories out of control just to fill them?

Thanks Mark.

1 Like

We have a readme that may answer your questions.

See https://ogs.readme.io/docs/playing-games#the-stone-removal-phase

The readme says that after both players pass, you enter the stone removal phase. This is the part of the game where the players decide what is live or dead and agree to end the game. I suspect your opponent noticed the game result was in your favor and clicked “Cancel and resume game” several times in hopes you’d give up and leave. This is considered a form of cheating and it violates our TOS.

4 Likes

THAnk you that clears my thoughts.

1 Like

Are you sure it was the same person? Did the user converse with you? I ask because at least two of the low-end bots also had the habit of filling in all available space (in 9x9) until nothing but individual eyes were left on the board. I am not sure if they are still playing, and I am hazy about their names now, but I have observed this. It is the result of very imperfect programming of the bot, I suppose. I just mention this FYI for context about this whole issue.

Yes, Twice before and I did ask tell him that it was not in his benefit to fill his own territory . He responded that …“so what” or something like that. Then he proceeded to continue to cancel and throw stones into my territory. This went on for many minutes. I wanted to go into my next game as Im pressed for time and obtain experience from all types of players strategies. The tourney is around the corner.

Sorry, but I need to disagree on this one Adams. The issue of someone’s behaviour it was my complaint. Not about how
"moderators are now annulling games rather than overturning the result." I did not bring this subject in my thread.

It’s certainly somewhat relevant to your issue, since it’s related to the consequence of such people’s behavior. It just depend on how you view it.

Technically if we want to stay on totally ‘ON topic’ we should just repeat after what you said in the first thread. Anything else can potentially be seen as off topic. (Eg. someone can argue that ‘Just don’t let him/her ruin your mood’ is off topic cuz you can say ‘I did not bring up the topic of mood anywhere in my thread, why are we talking about feelings now’. ) Anyway, that won’t really be a productive discussion right? Discussion is something that flows and progresses. As a thread starter, you are free to guide the path of the discussion but you shouldn’t bet upset just cuz the discussion is flowing in an unexpected direction.

4 Likes

If you have time read the entire thread. The only reason I mentioned the change of the subject and no by any means I am upset about it…It is n response to fhe fact that I was told that I ramble and I should literally stop venting. Specifically, the person who did not like me coming back to the thread, it was the one who began a different issue in my thread. Just read and see.

It might be nitpicking, but to me there is a difference between ranting and rambling. In this case it seems to be significant. At no point did I intend to suggest that you

My comment was directly in response to

This is what I meant by out of proportion. To me your comments are very strong and in my eyes do not reflect the (reletively small) wrong you have received. You are more than welcome to vent, far be it from me to stop you. But please hear, I was not opposed to the number of words you used but rather their intensity.

Mental problems, as well as the use of alcohol and drugs, cover a very large spectrum. While I agree that your time has value and I hear that you do not appreciate it being wasted. I very intentionally stand against your statement that entire people groups are not welcome here. I very intentionally announce that ALL people are welcome here.

IF an individual breaks the TOS then THAT INDIVIDUAL will be dealt with accordingly through due process.

I hope I have been able to clear up any misunderstandings between the two of us.

PS. as for the issue of bringing up different issues, I am satisfied with the comments made by Adam3141 and spatula

6 Likes

We are all different. IF what happened to me, it does not bother you…you have No right to tell me how to feel. Is that understood? IF you dont like the thread i created, then you should have created another thread. In that way, this it would have not happened. You insulted me. I do Not appreciate it. I care for ethics - THIS IS an important part of the game. Since I have learned that SOME people who play here in this Forum are Not what I expected
I will soon as I find someone who can help me to join another server. Do you wonder why asked what is your position here?

And lets be clear Hyden. I did Not bring the alcoholic, those on drugs w mental health until after you were defending that person. IF someone is venting … u call it rambling -.If it bothers you …MOVE on. Dont continue to read what you are not interested.

I have researched the Internet to move to another server. I found that all the other servers do have a code of Ethics. I reiterate that if someone is drugged or drunk should not be playing. It is the most absurd thing that I have ever heard - that everyone here regardless can play. REad on: http://pandanet-igs.com/communities/pandanet/384

Btw,I heard that IGS is a good one.