Codenames Pictures #1

^

2 Likes

@yebellz, how’d you like b4? (as @_Sofiam alludes to 3 remaining safe mammal pics)

1 Like

I think the safest mammal pictures are:

1. C3 (maybe a dog or wolf in clothes?)
  2. B1 (a fox)
  3. C1 (angry rat thing)

B4 looks like rabbits playing Go, so that could possibly be guessed as well, but I feel that it’s less strongly related with “mammal”. I think that 5 of all of the mammal pictures are blue, but that the others might be red or neutral, so it’s still relatively safe.

As for the latest clue, 湖泊 seems to be Chinese for lake. I think it is quite odd to use a non-English word like that and I don’t quite understand what to make of it. I feel like this reminder seems to be an additional hint that might suggest that we should focus on the mammal clue instead…

Perhaps this sort of play is not quite in line with the spirit of the rules.

As for “lake” in Chinese, I have no idea which images could possibly be relevant to that clue. Maybe the waterfall in D1? I guess the whole clue was maybe intended to just say “mammal 3”?

2 Likes

I’m sorry. I was afraid you would not consider it :sweat_smile:
Should we resign?

2 Likes

I feel like this wouldn’t be too much different than just doing

and saying nothing more.

The information is just being reiterated?

That said maybe the point of the team leader mentioning it is different to a guesser reiterating something.

I don’t particularly mind this one, but maybe you want a solid decision on it.

2 Likes

I don’t think it’s in the spirit of the rules either, but don’t resign. Just keep playing, what’s done is done. I’m more confused by it than anything so :person_shrugging:t4:

4 Likes

I will not do it again, sorry. As I said, my intention was probably not correct. They could and probably would have figured it out on their own

3 Likes

I think that we should just continue playing, but be careful about limiting communication.

2 Likes

You’d be hard pressed to brake as many rules on OGS Forum Games as I have. Glass ceilings hahaha.

Anyway, I agree with @shinuito that it doesn’t particularly spoil anything. For this once, it’s no big deal in my opinion.

3 Likes

A thought came to me just now out of the…wait for it…blue. A lake is still. There are still mammals to be guessed(?). I don’t know her style of comms.

I’m happy with any mammalian guess you prefer.

2 Likes

Blue guesses C3

1 Like

Still unknown:
6 Blue pictures;
5 Red pictures;
7 Neutral pictures;
1 Dark picture.

3 Likes

Blue guesses B1

Still unknown:
5 Blue pictures;
5 Red pictures;
7 Neutral pictures;
1 Dark picture.

3 Likes

Anyone feel like mercifully swapping with me for role of Blue team guesser? Blue have tengen, so that’s a plus.

I should not have started I realize now; it seemed like a good idea at the time. Apologies to @ArsenLapin1 and players…

2 Likes

What do you think, @Jade_9000? Maybe guess C1 and then B4?

Oh, just sent that while you were sending…

Blue guesses C1

1 Like

I’m not on the computer right now, but c1 is blue.

Still unknown:
4 Blue pictures;
5 Red pictures;
7 Neutral pictures;
1 Dark picture.

1 Like

The current clue is “湖泊 5” and Blue Team has successfully guessed C3, B1, C1. Blue Team still has 2+1 guesses this turn.

2 Likes

No apologies needed. You are welcome to continue playing if you still enjoy the game :slight_smile: Don’t be too hard on yourself for any mistake that you make in this game. We already make many mistakes when we play face-to-face with long friends that come from the same culture as ourselves; the game is bound to be harder when playing over the internet with an international crowd.

If more players want to join the game, it is also possible. The number of players per team is not limited.

6 Likes