Still unknown:

1 Blue pictures
2 Red pictures
7 Neutral pictures
1 Dark picture

1 Like

Smurf, 1

2 Likes

Rules question: if Red does not win this round and it comes back to Blue, weā€™ll have just one picture left to guess. Would it be permissable for Sofia to simply relay the coordinates of the last picture via a simple code?

For example, pick a word beginning with either A, B, ā€¦ , or E with a number from 1 to 5.

1 Like

The meta rules :stuck_out_tongue:

Probably itā€™d be better to clear up rules for the next and future games anyway.

Iā€™ll be curious how the leaders came up with their hints anyway.

We probably donā€™t need to discuss this one much I donā€™t think. (Unless plurals catch me out or something)

Red guesses E4

Now assuming I didnā€™t completely mess that up I think we need to use our bonus guess or weā€™ll probably lose, irrespective of some trick with coordinates in the form of word+number

E4 is Red.

1 Blue picture
1 Red picture
7 Neutral pictures
1 Dark picture

Red is allowed one bonus guess.

1 Like

If you want, then after the game with can have a full debrief:

• The Team Leaders can explain their hints;
  • I can give the prompts I used to generate the pictures (although I forgot some)
  • We can discuss the rules for a next game (allow or disallow hinting the coordinates, allow or disallow foreign-language hints, allow or disallow using google / wikipedia, etc)
3 Likes

Just if other people want to, and if they wanted to potentially try another game :slight_smile:

I donā€™t mind really :slight_smile:

I feel like Iā€™ve more or less learned the rules of code names through this which is a plus :slight_smile:

1 Like

Ok @Leira and @martin3141 nowā€™s the time to shine :slight_smile:

I donā€™t have a great idea so Iā€™ll recollect some of the previous stuff

• the five blue mammals seem to have been found
  • we seem to have gotten the two reptile ones.
  • We only got one of these two as we hit a blue.

It might be worth revisiting this since now itā€™s important.

Was hard to understand. Blue team seemed to have gotten two what looked like 3-4 points as guesses correct (as in 3 from one edge and 4 from another).
That is D3 and C4 (D3 is 4-3 and C4 is 3-4).

Iā€™m not sure I see anything else that that hint would help use rule out, so probably our best bet is again endgame.

Last time the chess picture didnā€™t work. Maybe this time it will, but again why not A1? :slight_smile: Is it simply because Vsotvep didnā€™t come up with the same hint as you? Iā€™m not sure that would make me as confident :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Actually the more I think about it the more I think Iā€™m starting to understand. We later found out that E2 and B4 are red with go looking boards on them, and if A1 was red it would be a reasonable hint to use Go or Goban etc.

If it was blue or neutral or Black even saying Go 2 or Goban 2 is a bit of risk.

So still weā€™re back to endgame :slight_smile:

A sight to behold. Doesnā€™t that mean that Blue wins by default?

Indeed. We need to win in this one round. Vsotvep needed to hint for the two that are left, however he thought smurf was enough? I venture this is because he thinks we had it with the other clues. Maybe we were close with our last guess?

I must admit though, that creating a clue that has both the smurfs and something else would have been difficult (*). Still, I agree that endgame is our best shot.

I have one more argument against A1, which I did not want to say before because it might have helped the Blue Team. I think Komoku can refer to A1, and that A1 is the last remaining blue tile.

Iā€™ve been wrong before though.

If I interpret correctly, you think my previous argument is sound? Maybe I was wrong but not completely wrong, and we should have gone for your queenless endgame.

I vote we go for A4 (not official guess) then.

Please decide between you and @martin3141 which one youā€™ll go for. Again, Iā€™m fine with whatever you decide. Iā€™m about to head out. See you later.

(*) Actually I thought about it a bit more, and noticed that the smurfs are standing on something that might look like a goban. Goban 2 might have been a reasonable clue for smurfs+A1 in this last turn. So yeah, I think Iā€™ll die on the hill that A1 is not Red.

2 Likes

I see being tagged here, thank you. Unfortunately I donā€™t have time to participate here this weekend. So no need to wait for my response, please feel free to proceed without me.

1 Like

I guess weā€™ll have to chance it.

Red guesses A4

as that seems plausible to line up with endgame and I think thatā€™s what we have to base it on.

Letā€™s go :slight_smile:

1 Like

A4 is Red.

Thatā€™s a victory for Red Team!

5 Likes

Genius :slight_smile:

Thanks for the game everyone @ArsenLapin1 great hosting and setup, thanks to captains @Vsotvep and @_Sofiam and to the opponents @yebellz and @Jade_9000 for making it challenging and a good team @Leira and @martin3141 :slight_smile:

I enjoyed it :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Thanks for the game, everyone. Where was the last blue image?

1 Like

And also, where was the Dark image? What do you think?

3 Likes

A1. @Leira guessed it :slight_smile: I couldnā€™t use 1 as the number because you would only get two guesses, and 9 seemed the number that related most to go (9x9). Komoku was a reference to the 2 3-4 points.

With ā€œmammal 5ā€ I had used the singular to exclude those with more than one mammal, as @yebellz later guessed. There was also the sheep, but in my opinion a hint that tells you 5 pictures (possibly in several rounds) and could have made one wrong was good enough. The sheep was the one I would have tried last if I had been a player and realised it was mammal in the singular.

The next hint, ę¹–ę³Š 5, referred to D3 and C4. I wrote it in Chinese because without risks it would give you a further clue about A1 or B3.

4 Likes

E5 is the doom card according to me. Thanks for the game all

4 Likes