Codenames Pictures #2

Also, the two lakes in B7 and G3 are desert places; and the penguins A1, B5, B6, D1, live in Arctic / Antarctica which are ice deserts.

Red Team guesses D4

There are no penguins in Arctic :stuck_out_tongue:

I don’t think he would have given us such an ambiguous hint, so in my opinion he didn’t think about the fact that the Antarctic is a desert.

Of the others that @Leira listed f5 is the one that inspires me the most, but I don’t know if I would risk it.
Should we pass keeping that in mind?

Right, sorry. I meant the great auk from Groenland. If I was in team red I would definitely guess B5 or D1.

3 Likes

I don’t think we risk much at this stage. I don’t like the idea of falling behind this early. Saving it for later would just be delaying the same choice. Presumably the other deserts might be gray. We have to trust it is a good hint.

Red team guesses F5

1 Like

Conditional move if F5 is red: Red team passes

2 Likes

F5 is Red.

Over to Team Blue and @shinuito

1 Like

Remaining:

43 pictures:
15 Blue pictures;
14 Red pictures;
12 Neutral pictures;
 2 Dark pictures;
1 Like

Calligraphy 3

1 Like

Disclaimer: This post has nothing to do with the game.

Candelabra trees are very common around here, but I’ve never seen them mentioned online or abroad. Here is a nice large one near my house.

6 Likes

My first 3 candidates are:

• E6, Japanese painting of red robot stroking woman’s hair, with signature in calligraphy;
  • D6, runestones with Chinese-like calligraphy;
  • E1, mah jong pieces with cow boy hat.

What do you think @yebellz?

1 Like

Call to candidates

56 hours from now, I will be leaving for holidays. I will be missing for two weeks. My partner @yebellz will be left without a teammate.

Please, dear silent watchers who are reading this, do join the game! The more the merrier.

3 Likes

Oh, there’s also:

• D2, shogi pieces in a bowl
1 Like

I think that D6 and E6 are the most obvious examples of calligraphy. So let’s guess those two first

Blue guesses D6

E1 could possibly be viewed as calligraphy, as I do think they look like mahjong pieces with a cowboy hat. However, the actual images on those mahjong pieces look more like pictures rather than Chinese characters, such perhaps is not actually calligraphy.

Another image is D2, which looks like a fishbowl containing mahjong tiles (or maybe even shogi pieces), but these look much like containing calligraphy than E1. Hence, I would guess D2 third, rather than E1.

1 Like

D6 is Blue

1 Like

Team Blue guesses E6

1 Like

E6 is Blue too

1 Like

I say we go ahead with the fishbowl of shogi pieces.

1 Like

F6 is an interesting looking image. It looks like a checkered game board with black chess pieces arranged at the top. The bottom is less clear, but my prior assumptions lean me toward believing that they are shogi pieces (since the idea of a chess vs shogi hybrid game could kind of be possible). However, looking at it more carefully, they don’t really resemble shogi pieces (and do not give any hint of calligraphy), and perhaps they look more like dominos.

I do not want to guess F6, but just wanted to share this aside to preemptively explain my perspective.

Yes, I arrived at the same conclusion regarding F6. Vsotvep also announced that he voluntarily reused the same concepts in different images, so it makes a lot of sense that the white pieces are supposed to be shogi pieces. However, they don’t look like shogi pieces, and they don’t look like calligraphy, so with D2 and E1 still visible, F6 looks a fairly low priority for “calligraphy”.

1 Like