Colors of filled online status circles difficult to distinguish for colorblinds

LOL - I’m trying to find out: what colour for “Win” and “Loss”?

Well, for me a combination of a light color green, red, or yellow
with a rather dark blue is always very easily distinguishable. :no_mouth:

Here’s the accessible theme with hopefully useful colors for win/loss (as suggested by BHyden):

9 Likes

I’m not even colourblind and I may swap to this… those colours look dope :heart:

7 Likes

Thank you very much! These colours can be easily distinguished even with a red-green deficiency.

2 Likes

Is it already in the settings?

no we need to wait for anoek to implement the changes, usually happens within a day or two but can sometimes take longer depending on his workload and proximity to the weekend. Since it’s already the weekend, don’t expect it before Monday morning at the absolute earliest.

2 Likes

image image

These 2 indicators should be easy to distinguish if the dev-tools are right.

Colors

text-shadow: -1px -1px 0 #f7a,1px -1px 0 #c58,-1px 1px 0 #c58,1px 1px 0 #a58;
color: #f36;

2 Likes

Makes you wonder… would the simple fix just have been to use a darker shade of gray?

Yes. If you apply a gray filter, the green and the gray are indistinguishable.

2 Likes

Do you think we actually can come up with a set of colours that’s accessible without a separate theme?

I’m just trying to get a sense of where you think this is going… I’d had the opposite thought, which was that some sort of switch would inevitably be needed.

But if we don’t need that it might be great - simplify things back down to just two themes again!

2 Likes

I think these are the benefits to not creating a special theme, which is why many projects try to bake accessibility into the main site:

• Users would have to find the accessibility theme in the settings
  • The curb-cut effect
  • Less development work

As for whether it is possible- I can’t say. I’ve definitely seen options like high-contrast in other site settings. But maximum accessibility in the main site is certainly worth aiming for!

2 Likes

OK - if we have a sense that the rather large set of colour driven features can be tweaked to be accessible, then that would for sure be better. We do seem to make a fair bit of “functional use” of colour.

I guess there’s no harm in having the “accessible theme” button in the mean time.

3 Likes

Or even better, just one theme! Mandatory dark theme ftw

2 Likes

I love yall but light mode is clearly the superior setting

4ybdq1

2 Likes
5 Likes

Thank you very much!

1 Like

Where can I activate it?

It’s a theme… Top right drop down… See screenshot in the other thread…

Q: Why are themes controlled from that separate dropdown instead of from settings?

A: because you can change theme from the drop-down and immediately see what the effect is on the page your care about

4 Likes

Ah, I see… — Thank you!