Detective Go šŸ” The First Game

All moves were played

https://vsotvep.github.io/MulticolorGo.html?st=bcdcidcnegbdloembfohfonepdf&bs=17

Back to the detectivesā€™ (@Vsotvep, @martin3141, @shinuito) turn

3 Likes

The suspense is a killer :slight_smile:

Something on the lower side like E2,f2 ā€¦ etc?

Maybe a few in the middle randomly k12/k13 etc or g10 h12, tengen etc :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

I think so too, some random positions for inspiration:

2 Likes

From among these I would choose to play L10. What do you think @shinuito @Vsotvep ?

Sure,sounds good.

Iā€™m tempted by c13, but also maybe h7 or D2 :slight_smile:

Happy with whichever, Just get some stones down anyway :slight_smile:

If we decide to play D2, then I would prefer if @Vsotvep plays it, to avoid anti-synergy between our stones.

1 Like

So choosing from the random moves generated by Vsotvep, this would be my suggestion:

@Vsotvep @shinuito what do you think?

1 Like

I think that looks goodā€¦

This is a pretty hard game, i have no idea if what weā€™re doing so far is good or not. If we never find yebellz, we can just continue the game as if itā€™s simultaneous 3-player Go, though :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Sure lets get 'em

:mag_right: orange

:rofl:

2 Likes

Ok @yebellz, here are our moves:

green L10
blue D2
yellow C13

I agree. I think we are doing as well as we can for a first game, but there is certainly a lot to learn still :smile:

lol

2 Likes

Oh wait thatā€™s red, woops, it looks kind of orange when itā€™s small.

red.

Actually it still kind of makes me think of orange but just not this orange

orange

The first one is kind of like if an orange (fruit) was quite a dark color :slight_smile:

2 Likes

No worries, itā€™s easy to forget when you havenā€™t seen it yetā€¦

3 Likes

All moves were played successfully

https://vsotvep.github.io/MulticolorGo.html?st=bcdcedcidcnedpegbdkhfloembfohfonepdf&bs=17

Back to the detectivesā€™ (@Vsotvep, @martin3141, @shinuito) turn

3 Likes

I intend to play N15 this turn. N16 was the first stone I placed, and I would like to test if yebellz has filled its liberties in the meantime.

If thatā€™s how weā€™re doing things, I suggest we play B14 as well. Iā€™d like to play G6, which is the largest open area at the moment.

We can also continue our random search, but Iā€™m afraight that iā€™m very biased against playing ā€œbad shapeā€. And by choosing from ~10 random moves, the moves I pick are biased and not completely random.

If yebellz predicts such a bias, then they may very well take advantage of it.

Iā€™m trying to hedge against the worst case. Iā€™m not entirely sure what the worst case is, but probably itā€™s that yebellz is building in a corner without us realising it.

Theoretically the position could look like this:

I think itā€™s likely not quite as bad, but yeah, Iā€™m a bit worried about such a thing :sweat_smile:

1 Like

The other thing is that the random moves would work better if it was simultaneous placements alongside the fugitives or hidden discussion etc. At the end of our turn yebellz still has all the information, and whether our stones are put down at random or are sensible and well discussed/thought out, all that info is accessible and then a decision can be made after the fact :slight_smile:

The positives to the randomised moves is that we might remove some of our own biases and get lucky hitting stones we wouldnā€™t if we played on our own ideas/instincts.

1 Like

It is quite likely though that were yebellz to go after our lone stones, that the first move probably isnā€™t in contact with a stone, so either the first move is semi-wasted or itā€™s at least not taking away a liberty.

I wonder is c15 slightly better for taking away space.

Other wise I donā€™t mind helpin on the bottom side with like j3 k3 or something more random in the middle

1 Like

Anyway I have decided to play N15. I am ok with whatever you decide to play @shinuito @Vsotvep.