Detective Go šŸ” The First Game

So

@martin3141 N15
@Vsotvep G6

I might try h12 unless someone wants me to play b14/c15 etc

1 Like

Weā€™re approaching the 24 hour mark, but itā€™s okay to be a bit flexible with the timing

It seems that these moves have been declared:

but Iā€™m not sure if @shinuito has settled on a move yet.

By the way, as a procedural request, could you please tag me with the @-mention (like @yebellz) to confirm your selected move? I will advance the turn when each detective has confirmed, but you can always ā€œunconfirmā€ if you want to change your mind before the turn has ended.

2 Likes

@yebellz ill just go h12 and weā€™ll see what happens!

3 Likes

All moves were played successfully

https://vsotvep.github.io/MulticolorGo.html?st=bcdcedcidcnedpegbdglehfdkhfloembfmcfohfonepdf&bs=17

Back to the detectivesā€™ (@Vsotvep, @martin3141, @shinuito) turn

1 Like

yebellz is doing a good job hiding from us. With six stones placed they are probably much closer to building a living shape, but with every stone placed, our chances of finding a stone also increases. Iā€™m just worried that we wonā€™t be in time.

Iā€™m thinking maybe finding yebellz doesnā€™t have to be our top priority. We are already spread out a lot. Should we maybe try to solidify our positions a bit, to make yebellz job more difficult in case they are nearby?

1 Like

That may be a good idea. We probably still have around 5 or 6 moves before yebellz can make a living shape, but even if we discover the stones before then, it may be hard to actually kill it within one moveā€¦

I think Iā€™ll play P3?

2 Likes

Iā€™m considering playing Q10, to try and separate the upper-right corner and the right side.

//Edit: I just realised that Iā€™ve been playing rather conservatively in the upper-right quadrant, while @Vsotvep you had to take care of the entire lower side. I would like to help you secure the lower side, although Iā€™m not sure where I should play in order not to sabotage you somehow. Would it be helpful if I play Q6?

1 Like

If I play c15 this turn I donā€™t mind completely moving to the centre or bottom side for a few turns then

1 Like

This is how the moves so far would look.

Looks fine to me. Shall we submit this?

1 Like

Iā€™m happy enough

1 Like

Yes, letā€™s hope we find something this timeā€¦

1 Like

Ok @yebellz our moves are:

blue P3
yellow C15
green Q6

2 Likes

Demo board

sandiego

Your move, detectives (@Vsotvep, @martin3141, @shinuito)

4 Likes

Oh Exciting! :grin:

2 Likes

The heat is on, itā€™s on the street
Inside your head, with every beat
And the beatā€™s so right and deep inside
The pressureā€™s high, just to stay alive
'Cause the heat is on

Oh woo oh ho, oh woo oh ho
Caught up in the action Iā€™ve been looking out for you
Oh woo oh ho, oh woo oh ho
Tell me can you feel it? Tell me can you feel it?
Tell me can you feel it?

3 Likes

I think thereā€™s a couple of idea we can go for here

• loosely surround the newly found stone to try and limit itā€™s space to make eyes

Problems

• the surrounding stones might be weak and counter-attacks/escape attempts are invisible
    • it might not even be the ā€œmainā€ group
  • go nearly full on trying to capture this stone in 1-2 stones, potentially revealing more of the group of connected stones, by not placing something.

Problems

• the newly placed stones are weak-ish.
    • it might not even be the ā€œmainā€ group and could waste a turn.
1 Like

Score!

Ok, I suggest we surround this stone completely, Q5 for me, Q7 or @shinuito , P6 for @martin3141

1 Like

Actually, scrap that! We know there arenā€™t any stones there anyways, since they wouldā€™ve been revealedā€¦

Instead, I suggest we play diagonal moves around it. Q4, P5 Q8?

1 Like

As I see it, we donā€™t know where yebellz other stones are, although I believe it likely that some are nearby. Definetely I can say that Iā€™m less worried about the other places on the board, as the maximum number of yebellz stones that can be there, is less than in the lower-right.

Worth pointing out, we know that yebellz has no stones on the adjacent intersections (as otherwise the whole chain would have been revealed)

1 Like

Iā€™m suspecting something like this:

or like this:

2 Likes