Detective Go šŸ” The First Game

The reason why I was concerned about the bottom side was because I thought yebellz might have enough stones in the corner to connect to the lower side. But now that P2 did not collide, the lower-right corner seems relatively safe. Yebellz could build at maximum three eyes there.

Perhaps we should return our attention to the rest of the board? Iā€™m wondering if yebellzā€™ stones are scattered instead of concentrated in a single place, as Iā€™ve been assuming thus far.

I think this is a reasonable assumption. It wouldā€™ve been my strategy if I were the fugitive. The bottom is still a nice place in this case, as it has a lot of open space.

1 Like

yes those look good, b4 is also worth considering.

Iā€™m thinking of playing something like H2 at the lower side, or maybe continue in the center, like K8. Or O6 to see if the Q6 stone does connect to the center afterall. Too many options :sweat_smile:

1 Like

@shinuito , how about you?

We would've known that. stones connected directly to Q6 will be visible, even if placed afterwards.

Wait, Iā€™m reading incorrectly, O6, you saidā€¦ Yes, O6 would be nice as well.

1 Like

I think Iā€™ll play M6 actually. If the Q6 stone is somehow part of a group which forms its eyes in the center, then it would have to extend to about here.

Specifically, Iā€™m thinking in terms of size of this shape:

detective_go_11

ā€¦ itā€™s kind of an arbitrary heuristic, but Iā€™m thinking ā€œit has to be about this size to liveā€.

2 Likes

I donā€™t mind.

C6 or O6? for the sides

The centre maybe like h9?

Would you agree with this:

?

Prevents Q8 turning into a surprise eye

I think Iā€™m playing C2, seems the most likely to hit a red stone.

1 Like

Sure Iā€™m happy with q9. Is p8 any better?

If there were no stones in between maybe we can have shared eyespace?

It would be nice at some point, but as long as we donā€™t know where yebellz other stones are, to me the lower-right side seems more secure than other parts of the board right now.

In order to turn Q8 into an eye, yebellz would create a shape which is already not as efficient as possible with the Q6 stone:

2 Likes

Hmm, yeahā€¦

If we want to be sure about the lower-right, we could invest a move at Q4 to see if there is a group extending into the corner.

Have we checked the conservatory?

Perhaps, it was Miss Scarlet with the candlestick

4 Likes

I can jump in at j2 to see if anything is lurking?

1 Like

Seems good as well. There have been relatively few stones on the second line at the bottom and on the left yet. Something like B9 would be great too, I think

1 Like

With the ideas so far, what do you think about these moves?

green M6
blue B4
yellow J2

Sure Iā€™m happy enough

1 Like

Sounds good as well. Letā€™s play this, @yebellz

2 Likes

Demo board

Your turn, detectives (@Vsotvep, @martin3141, @shinuito)

3 Likes

Weā€™re reaching the moment where yebellz could become unstoppable if it turns out that thereā€™s a base somewhere we havenā€™t found yet.

I think we really need to be careful about the corners primarily at this point, and any single stones close to the border secondarily. I wish to make D2 stronger, and would like to see Q14 to become stronger as well. G16 looks vulnerable as well. J2 should not be in immediate danger, since it wasnā€™t known yet that this stone would exist the move before last.

So, how about:

green P14
blue D3
yellow G16 G15

It seems really hard for red to make life in the lower left corner and the top right like this. Making life in the top left and bottom right are still partially feasible, but hard at least without capturing stones.

2 Likes

Sounds good and then if we still havenā€™t found yebellz stones/group then also congrats because it doesnā€™t look like the spaces around the place are that big :slight_smile:

1 Like