Diplomatic Go 🗡 The First Game

Exactly, it depends on this.

I am convinced the two of you will capture me, even if I were to achieve such a position, which already seems unlikely.

The two of you seem to value a win much higher than a draw, so I believe you will take a chance to try to win.

Ok now I wanna try and stop this 27 point battle.

That will be my 1 turn goal cause it seems like kinda 50/50 chance I die.

I know I’ve lost. And I feel really bad for martin and I’m not gonna make excuses about why I didn’t respond. I was stupid and didn’t respond and mighta lost the game for them.

First of all, I should clarify that “motivating you” is not to my advantage in the game. I’m just sharing what I believe to be true about the game, since I think it makes the end of the game more interesting if everyone is trying their best.

Yes of course, but if it looks completely impossible for one of us to win, then we would take the draw. It doesn’t matter what is really true, it matters what me and Vsotvep believe when we reach that point of the game. Since that is only a few moves away, and that might be your one chance of drawing, you should really keep playing for that result.

(Once again, telling you this is not to help me. I prefer a win over a draw, so having you work towards a draw is not in my interest. But I’m telling you that it should be in your interest.)

2 Likes

How exactly…?

I don’t even know. It sounds like an interesting quest before I am killed.

Even though there probably is no way for you to avoid losing, you are playing a very significant role in the game right now. So I hope you choose your next moves carefully :slight_smile:

If he can’t avoid losing, why should he care about choosing his next move carefully?

There isn’t really any intrinsic motivation from the game rules. But I think Haze deciding on wanting to do something (whatever it is, “I want to prevent a draw”, “I want to stay alive as long as possible”, “I want to capture le_4TC”), and then trying their best to execute that, is very much preferable to just making random moves or passing.

It’s up to Haze of course, just passing is also valid. But maybe being able to have a big impact on the game result is motivation in itself.

Edited to add another point: It’s still not out of the question that Haze will have an alive group at the end of the game, if some big group gets captured. This is also a possible result to play for.

1 Like

Maybe I’m just naturally a pessimistic person.

1 Like

I think you are correct in evaluating your position as bad, I just don’t think it’s 100% lost yet :slightly_smiling_face:

In fact, there is not a single guaranteed immortal stone on the board at this point :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

I don’t feel like struggling anymore.

That is also completely fine, don’t feel pressured to act in a certain way :slightly_smiling_face: I just wanted to share my view on the game.

Don’t feel bad Haze, it’s just a game. Even though I’m a bit frustrated right now, all in all I still really enjoyed playing :slight_smile:

Round 28 has ended

• red@le_4TC and black@Haze_with_a_Z placed at their first choices
  • white@martin3141’s first choice was a collision with the existing stone C9, their second choice collided with J3, and their third choice collided at D7
  • blue@Vsotvep’s first and second choices collided with already existing stones (at D8 and D9), and their third choice collided at D7
  • white@martin3141 and blue@Vsotvep did not place stones this round

Voting (round 28)

Round 29 has begun and will end on 2020-09-24T00:00:00Z

Current board state

Editable board

6 Likes

:stuck_out_tongue:

5 Likes

Hey that is the way we all should play :stuck_out_tongue:

Round 29 has ended

• black@Haze_with_a_Z submitted three choices that all collided with preexisting stones (at E5, G3, J3), and hence they did not place a stone
  • All other players placed at their first choices (B6, D7, F1)
  • The (newly placed) stone at D7 is captured

Voting (round 29)

Round 30 has begun and will end on 2020-09-25T00:00:00Z

Current board position

Editable board

6 Likes

We’ve got our first unkillable group on the board! Congratulations @le_4TC for definitely finishing with at least 27 points :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Thank you :slightly_smiling_face: I guess there are some rare situations where a player would actually want to fill in an eye of an “unkillable” group (this can even happen in regular go with superko), but I don’t think that will happen this game :stuck_out_tongue: