EGC 2018 in Pisa, Italy

Hi all,

the European Go Congress is about to start: from 27 July to 12 August 2018 in Pisa, Italy.

At the moment there are 1351 subscirbers from 46 countries.

https://egc2018.it/en/players.html

I’ll be there only on Saturday and Sunday 4-5 August for the “Weekend tournament”.

Is anybody going to participate? Let me know, we could shake hands in real life.

2 Likes

Hi there,

I’m going and staying for the whole two weeks. I hope to have a lot of OGS folk come up to me and say hello :slight_smile: You can recognize me by the photo of me on EGD, or simply by the name tag.

Unfortunately, last time I asked the same thing, there were no responses.

The OGS community is always growing, so let’s hope that chances are better this time. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Few Ogs users read the forum, so perhaps there will be many of them at the Ogc but they don’t know .

It would be nice to have a badge or a pin to let everybody know we are Ogs users. :slight_smile:

@AdamR, what about some Ogs merchandise? :wink:

2 Likes

Alas we still have nothing as far as I am aware :confused: I will pitch the idea in some meeting as I too like it a lot :smiley: but have something in one month? Nope :frowning:

spam ideas and designs to this topic if you got something: :smiley:

2 Likes

Well, now I have one! :wink:

spilletta_s

4 Likes

:heart_eyes::heart_eyes::heart_eyes::star_struck:

3 Likes

I did some stats on subscribers:

As you can see in the color bar, there are negative ranks that mean dan level (-4 is for 5d, -6 is for 7d).
It’s just a workaround to make average and max calculations out of strings (4d, 5k, 15k, etc.).

3 Likes

Sadly, I can’t be there … but I’d be happy to see photos … (but what about friggin’ GDPR? :scream: )

2 Likes

Shhhhh! Don’t tell! :wink:

2 Likes

Playing in dungeons? :slight_smile:

More pictures and videos here:
https://egc2018.it/en/gallery.html

5 Likes

Lots of dragons died in that dungeon today. :face_with_monocle:

7 Likes

@lysnew and anyone else reading this at EGC, let’s meet up on the weekend after the tournament rounds, outside the congress center (at the tables in the catering area).

Not pictured here (but just a nice impression from the start of the congress):

I’ll be there, hoping that some of you will show up :slight_smile:

4 Likes

I see your message just now. I went yesterday to the catering area after first turn but it was so hot I had to run back inside the building.

Did you meet some other Ogs player?
My pin was completely unnoticed.

Maybe I’ll see you today.

1 Like

I met just one guy so far ^^"

Let’s try again today. Hints: look for my straw hat, and I’m not wearing glasses :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Unfortunately I didn’t meet you.
I think the big issue was that top players were in separated rooms, so there were less opportunities to bump into each other.

At first I though your hint wouldn’t be very useful: there were a lot of people wearing straw hat all around… then I noticed that all of them was wearing glasses too! :smiley:

I went looking for you at the game table after round 4, but you were already gone.
Maybe next time! Good luck, have fun. :slight_smile:

Hi there @xhu98 :slight_smile:

3 Likes

And you’re the other guy? :slight_smile:

Yep :slight_smile: leaving today in the evening… If you’re there, catch me while you can! @lysnew

1 Like

I was there just for the weekend tournament. Maybe next time