Fast Correspondence Tournaments

Thanks! Is it also possible to have a fast correspondence ladder?

3 Likes

There already is one :smiley: :smiley:

Itā€™s in the Fast Correspondence Group.

Unfortunately, the settings are no faster than the site ladder, but at least the people playing in there supposedly like to play fast.

4 Likes

If you could code that, that would be fantastic. :pray:

Itā€™s not something every group needs but thereā€™s a very good case for this group.

3 Likes

Back by popular demand:

Fischer 1d + 12h/move up to 2d

1 Like
2 Likes

Iā€™m not so sure that one without access to the back end code could even contribute that code. I thought only the front end code is open source?

2 Likes

Thatā€™s the only reason we donā€™t have this already. IMO we shouldā€¦

2 Likes

Two new Fast(ish) Correspondence Tournaments for you to enjoy.

and a full-size version with the same settings for those who mistakenly believe the smaller board holds no challenge. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

ps: @yebellz & @GreenAsJade : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s7XfyyKYxnU

2 Likes

But wait, thereā€™s moreā€¦

2 Likes

ā€œFast Correspondence ā€“ August 2018 (A)ā€ isnā€™t gone yet, but we have 5 disqualified out of 10. All because of timeout.
Only one of the disqualified participants is member of ā€œFast Correspondenceā€ group.

I wonder if a tournament for-members-only would have better results (less or no timeout).
Has this been tried before?

2 Likes

I think thereā€™s a big difference between using +8hrs/move and +12hrs/move. My last tournament to finish only had one in ten resign and none disqualified for TO.

2 Likes

Thereā€™s a big difference also between 19x19 and 9x9, I guess. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

In the posts above, @TomDub gave the idea of increasing the maximum time to 7 days in order to make it work as a buffer and avoid excessive eliminations. Since this would not affect much the overall time per move of the game, I think this is a great idea. I would like to see it being tested.

3 Likes

But wait, thereā€™s moreā€¦

andā€¦

2 Likes

To find out how to play under Chinese rules follow the link below. (Donā€™t worry, there are no big differences :slight_smile: )

4 posts were split to a new topic as per request (let me know if you wanted it otherwise):
Differences between Japanese and Chinese scoring

2 Likes

They seem popular soā€¦

1 Like

Continuing the ā€œOut-of-Tenā€ series. :slight_smile: For November:

Nb: I typically run other ā€œFast Corresp. 9x9ā€ during the month but I donā€™t post for each one. Check here: https://online-go.com/tournaments or here: https://online-go.com/group/2014

Thereā€™s also this for full size board lovers:

Nb. Unlike last month, the full size version uses Japanese Rules after persuasive arguments by GaJ.

3 Likes
1 Like

Hi there!
I see the ā€œCreate tournamentā€ button in the group page. Is everybody allowed to do that?

I was thinking about a small tournament with rank restrictions.

1 Like