Feature addition : possibility to "star" one's games?

Hi,
When looking at my list of games I would like to keep record of the particularly interesting ones, for example with the possibility to give 1 to 5 stars, or even by adding short comments like “large seki” or "2 monkey jumps ".
I only see a 2014 related topic:

Sorry if this is already possible somehow.
Thanks
David

8 Likes

The only workaround I can think of at the moment is to download the SGF and upload it into your library!

(Maybe an even better thing than a star would be being able to add your own games direct to your library…)

3 Likes

I occasionally add links to particular games on my OGS profile page.

3 Likes

Ignoring the neccesity (if it even was one) of keeping this OGS based; download the sgf and set up 5 folders on your hard drive rating the games one through five. Save sgfs to the appropriate folder, and rename them something memorable, et voilà.

1 Like

There’s also bookmarks in your web browser. Saving the sgf files is still better though

3 Likes

I guess my suggestion would make sense if the list of games was completely modernized. Instead of just the list of games chronologically ordered, one should be able to reorder by columns, just by clicking on the label of the columns, the columns being what they are now (so one can reorder by adversary identity, by date), but also the rank of the adversary, the stars I had given to the game etc… Of course nothing prevents me to fill an excel spreadsheet with all my game and have this functionality, but ok…

3 Likes

Yes - “list of games” update is a much-desired feature that needs some back end support, and is “in the list” AFAIK.

5 Likes

Yep: https://github.com/online-go/online-go.com/issues/244

3 Likes

Actually, a useful, simple (I guess) new functionality would be simply to have a “download” button when displaying the list of games of a player, which would download a csv file with all the information shown in the table

4 Likes