Features everyone secretly wants on OGS but will never be implemented

I will not appreciate that someone cancel a game just because he don’t like a kind of opening.

Already with just one move someone can cancel a tengen, and that’s not right

2 Likes

Features everyone secretly want on OGS but will never be implemented

Feature request: Cancelling game after Tengen shouldn’t be possible)

5 Likes

That’s probably true :slight_smile: I guess I agree.

I thought initially it was also just meant to be after the game already ended. Like if someone resigns in the first X moves on 19x19. (might need to be board size dependent)

And what about a 4.4 or a 3.4 or even a 5.7? If a game is an aberration, you can’t stand it, call a mod to annul, or resign. (last one not too often). it’s key for rated that you assume any kind of games, putting aside clear evidence that the level difference or the attitude is not fitted.

1 Like

Already with just one move someone can cancel a tengen, and that’s not right

Why not? Why is your opponent obliged to indulge you in a tengen game?

Isn’t it fairer for Black to return to automatch for three minutes than for White to spend an hour being forced to play a game he doesn’t want to partake in?

You can also bet that White won’t want to review the game either, which rebounds on Black who might have wanted to discuss the game with his opponent.

because you play rated. you should be able to face any situation to validate your level. that’s my opinion, if you want to restrict the possibilities of your opponent then play unranked (or have an agreement with your opponent)

6 Likes

To be fair, addressing these points:

any other gaming website has an option, even for rated games, where you may or may not play your first move - and the game is canceled without penalty should either of the two decide to abort. Why give the option to cancel the game only to the first player? I find it only fair.
If you’re the second player, this means you get to see the opening move, be it tengen or whatever.

1 Like

I’m sure this has been discussed elsewhere, but I’d really like the tournaments that I’m no longer in, but are still ongoing to be removed from the homepage, or at least segregated so that they are easily discernable from the ones I’m still in…

8 Likes

Also I’d love to be able to expand people’s profile pictures to see them bigger. Some of them are brilliant and I feel I miss out on a lot of the details.

4 Likes

+1 T_T

Yes! This! I would like three categories:

1. tourneys I’m active in
  2. Tourneys where I’ve finished all my games this round but further rounds will start
  3. ones ongoing but my interest has ended (i.e. I’ve finished all my games) and there are no more rounds

Plus:
4. Past tourneys so I can find them again somehow!

10 Likes

Popup a “Confirm Move at XY ?” box when a mouse click is more than 66% (or some other threshold) of a stone’s radius from an intersection, to reduce the number of misclicks.

1 Like

and then you lose by timeout :grinning:

2 Likes

If so, instead of a confirm button, I’d rather have a zoomed position on which I click again which move I play. (Or cancel). That would spare time in case of local misclick.
But I’m not sure that’s a good idea besides this, my own misclicks not being of that kind.

Other important features:
A email client (because I’m mostly more here as there)
A block note (to prepare the posts, with dictionaries including go terms)
A photo editor (including a meme generator)
A calculator (including a rank converter)
A sgf manipulator (because sgf are never perfect)
A voice communicator (good for teaching and kibbitz)
A tutorial to mod OGS (good incentive)
An alarm (…to help with the world differences of time)
A breaking news (to have something to say in chat)
A lobbying organizer (to get back alphago or to integrate go in the education system)
A map (to locate go players)

10 Likes

It should also have emacs, vim, and a WYSIWYM LaTeX editor.

5 Likes

Vertical-text labelling.

3 Likes

Option to increase board line thickness:

Yesterday I livestreamed a simul event, but when I reduced the boardsize to 1/4 of the screen, the lines were not clear. There was no way to increase the thickness to see them on the livestream T_T

11 Likes

it seems you reduced size in stream, not size of real browser window with OGS.
If you reduce size of real browser window with OGS, people with same screen resolution will not have problems. But people who watch not in full creen or have different resolution of screen still may have problems.

1 Like

Well yeah that’s because top left is my game, have to play on fullscreen for many reasons (avoiding misclick is one)