Food that others hate but you love

Just like pu erh tea. Smells like as if a dead rabbit that was in a muddy swampy creek for three weeks, but has a lovely soft and subtile taste.

4 Likes

I disagree (I live nearby PuEr btw). Maybe it comes from how your tea is packaged?

2 Likes

I bought at our local toko a tin of pu erh (not vacuum) years ago and when I tried it it at that time it smelled really badly, but taste is great.

1 Like

Pu’er is a small town of Yunnan the province where I live, at a few hours from here. I drunk liters of that tea as it is very common and appreciated. It’s supposed to let you sleep better as other teas, and good for winter and your belly. It’s a bit more fermented as other fresh green teas. Your description of the smell made my friends laugh. Maybe you kept the tea too long and not protected enough from humidity?

Durian is smelling like… S**t. That’s none will say something different, even a bus driver may refuse you to go inside.

3 Likes

I still have it and the dead rabbit in muddy waters smell (when put in hot water) definitely has almost completely disappeared.
So it may have been too humid at that time.
But I liked it then and now.

4 Likes

Had to wait the right (financial) time but they get now much cheaper. And no Christmas for me without them. In my past family meals, there were always someone who hate these to my great pleasure.

4 Likes

Hmmm, my mouth starts to water when I think of rolmops.

2 Likes

I like many of the things mentioned on this thread so far, but the two things I really love that I haven’t seen mentioned yet are okra and collard greens.

I like to put a little salt and enough oil on the okra and then roast it in the oven, that’s a staple.

1 Like

Blue mold cheese, this one in particular:

Tho i guess quite many others love it too, but some ppl cant stand it >___>

2 Likes

For me, it probably Durian. Most people think it’s smelly, but I think it’s pretty sweet. :smiley:

4 Likes

I prefer seafood, all kinds of it! :lobster:

2 Likes