Fractional Team Go, Game 1

Sorry for the delay. J6

https://vsotvep.github.io/MulticolorGo.html?st=cdacdecfbcfeecaeceedaedceeaeecegbegcfbafbcfcbfcefdbfdeffaffcfgbfgcgbagbcgcagcegdbgdegeageegfagfcggbggchcbhcehebhecidbidc&bs=9

I get the feeling that @martin3141 has already figured out how to kill us :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

fractional_game1_20

Sorry to disappoint, I have not figured it all out :sweat_smile:

But I think that the game will be very interesting and exciting after (Black | Blue) H4 :slightly_smiling_face: It is true that this stone will eventually run out of blue liberties, but when (White | Red) fills the last liberty of that blue chain, I will hopefully get a chance to play H4 myself and occupy it with a (Black | Red) stone.

Alternatively there is still the idea of creating a double threat by attaching to C4, e.g. B4, C3 or D4.

@Here_We_Go what are your thoughts?

2 Likes

Another visualization attempt:

9 Likes

Always pick the interesting move, even if it isn’t sensible or good in any other way.

H4!

1 Like

I like this, I find it difficult to look at the combined position and not view G5 as being in atari.

1 Like

fractional_game1_21

1 Like

@Vsotvep have you thought about a move?

Sorry, I’ve had a really busy week. I’m thinking of playing H8, but that’s without trying to read. @yebellz , what’s your opinion?

2 Likes

Ok, H8 seems fine. I was also thinking about H6, but either way, I think we’re in trouble

2 Likes

I don’t know what to expect from this point on, and I’m not convinced that you are in trouble. Specifically I am concerned about the red liberties of the G8 and F8 stones :face_with_hand_over_mouth:

2 Likes

Ok, I’ll play H8, then. Sorry again for the delay!

I’m not sure if we’re in trouble, there’s a lot of things going on here, and I’m not sure what’s good and what’s bad… :stuck_out_tongue:

image

2 Likes

@Here_We_Go I’m thinking about playing (Black | Red) H3, because otherwise yebellz gets to play (White | Red) H3, linking up the white stones along the right edge.

However I am worried about what comes afterwards. Yebellz will be able to capture with J4 at any moment, forcing me to answer with H4, which means that team White gets to play two moves in a row somewhere else.

Furthermore the red liberties of F8 and G8 are slowly running out, and should these stones get captured, it doesn’t look good for the G7 stone either. We can buy some time with the F5 atari, but I’m not sure if we’ll be able to save the G8 stones.

1 Like

Yeah, if we don’t play H3, someone else will.

As for G8, we can cross that bridge when we come to it. Looks like my plan to capture F6 has been a failure tho :`(

1 Like

Cheer up, Vsotvep and yebellz still need to prove that they can live :slightly_smiling_face:

It is decided then, I play H3:

fractional_game1_22

Back to you @yebellz

3 Likes

I think H6 wouldn’t be terrible, I could attempt to capture the G8 stones witth my next move.

J4 is also possible, but that probably means Martin is just playing H4 next move to solidify. right now we can still try to find a better opportunity later to capture H4 as some sort of ko threat

2 Likes

Ok, I’ll go with H6

image

:small_red_triangle:POWER

3 Likes

J4 seems like an interesting move, I don’t know if it’s any good or not, but I’d like to play it to find out what happens if it’s all the same to you @martin3141

1 Like

Looks interesting. Sure lets try it :slightly_smiling_face:

Everything alright, @Here_We_Go ?

Is J4 confirmed?

3 Likes

Yes, J4 please!

3 Likes