Hmmm. I must admit that I don’t see a way to make two eyes in a conventional way…
Why is reading so hard in this variant
**cough**
Looking at the board is hard in this variant.
I’m playing J8, I might see some possibility to get life, but I’m probably wrong about it. I’m expecting Martin to block us with H9, but then yebellz can make a red dumpling with F9, is what I’m thinking.
Sorry for the delay, I was occupied by the OGS team league over the weekend, among other things.
I am not sure what to play @Here_We_Go. On one hand we can prevent the white group from making two eyes by playing H9, but I am still worried about the G8 stones, and additionally I am not sure if we’ll ever be able to fill in the J5 liberty 
I am leaning towards playing D8, E8, G2 or H2. What are your thoughts on the position?
I like H2, but D8 and E8 are probably better moves as I guess it’s pretty detrimental to our position if those stones are captured.
The big question now is, is (White | Red) H9 going to give us life…?
So, if we have white/red at H9, then does black/blue at G9, ruin that eye?
From the above position, I believe (if I’m understanding the rules correctly), that black/red could play at J9 to cause both J9 and H9 to be captured, right?
Yes, suicide being allowed may actually be relevant here ![]()
And I’d like to remind that we play with positional superko rule.
There’s nothing I can do in that interaction, and after Martin’s suicide, you could play H9 again, since I can make sure that the position will not be repeated. That would more or less occupy the two red players, but at least we’ll survive. 
If Martin skips a turn capturing, you get to play F9 and make sure that H9 cannot be captured anymore.
So I think it’s alive.
Hypothetical variation
- White/Red at H9
- Black/Blue at G9
- White/Blue at E9
- Black/Red at E8
- White/Red at F9 (captures G9)
Maybe all of this doesn’t really make sense, or is unnecessary. I thought about it before @Vsotvep provided a reasoning for why it should live.
So, time to be proven wrong, I guess 
I just realised something interesting. @Here_We_Go , given that suicide is allowed … do you want to try playing J5? Then on my move I will play J7.
Ah, I didn’t think it was a good move, only now you point it out I realise that White/Blue is unable to capture that group.
Yes, J5, final answer, for-realsies, no take-backs.
Ok… This seems pretty terrible for us. I see no way how I can help our position here until after the three stones are captured… I also see no moves where I can force a response from Martin elsewhere 
So, I think I’ll just play C5 for now? @yebellz, do you see anything good?
Okay, that sounds okay. No, I don’t see anything good.









