G0tstats is back! (with more stats)

A bit of nitpicking:

• Please rename “Performance across board sizes” and “Performance across time settings”.
    – The “Performance” in those makes no sense, because you’re just listing the percentage of games played with those specific settings. Something like “Percentage of games played per board size” seems more accurate.
  • The actual Performance stats are below abovementioned diagrams, just titled ‘win/loss ratio’, though you’re not actually reporting ratios (especially not wins divided by losses), you’re plotting win/loss percentages. “Win/loss percentages” should work. You can also simply title it “Win/loss”.
6 Likes

Oh! Sorry because I’m not native English speaker, I always thought they are the same thing! :wink:

3 Likes

Very cool, thanks for creating! I’m not sure if AI data on games is publicly available, but it would be interesting to add some statistics based on their predictions. Some examples:
-Percent games that the AI thinks you’re winning by move 50
-Percent moves that align with the AI’s chosen move
-Percent games where there’s a significant win likelihood swing (like 90% to 10%)

Anyways, food for thought :wink:

Do you mean the AI results that Leela generates on the OGS site?

53k, I wonder is this person is just trolling. I’ve seen another account clearly trying to get lowest rating and they got to 230 by playing puppet accounts.

https://avavt.github.io/gotstats/#/user/636788

As in 230 rating (71k) or 230k? Because 230k out of 241k (rating of 1), that’d be quite the level of dedication.

3 Likes

Yes, although I realize now that OGS doesn’t own Leela so you could probably get that data another way

I want to thank the author from the bottom of my heart for such a wonderful, illustrative and informative service! I am sure that we should donate to the author so that the work on the project does not stop, and the service gets better and better!
I apologize for my poor English.

5 Likes

I’ve seen worse English writing from native speakers. A lot.

6 Likes

Truly. You probably don’t need to apologize about your English anymore. If you hadn’t said anything, I wouldn’t have figured out that English isn’t your native language. All that hard work is paying off big time MonkeyGo :wink:.

8 Likes

Seconded @MoonMonkey :slight_smile:

4 Likes

First of all, thanks for this informative service!

It just made me think of something: @MrAlex is developing a beautiful app for using OGS on a mobile device. The stats section is not yet implemented and now I wonder if it would be possible that you guys join forces and use the data from gotstats to show in the app? I’m not a dev so don’t have a clue if it’s easy to do but I think it would be a perfect addition to the app!

Anyway keep up the good work guys it’s really great to see how much effort you put into the development of a modern online go community

5 Likes

I lost track - is there any chance of having the filter apply to “Lifetime statistics” as well?

It’s pretty boring to know that the highest ranked person I’ve played is a Dan (teacher) and the lowest is a TPK (student of mine) … etc.

2 Likes

Well, yes of course.
I will need to think of a new name though, because it’d no longer be “Lifetime”. Probably the naming part will take more effort than actually apply the filter…

3 Likes

Awesome :slight_smile:

Ain’t that the truth: hardest part of SW development :smiley: :smiley:

3 Likes

@Chinitsu this is simply awesome what you have done!!!

I didn’t know about the existence of such statistics on OGS.
Maybe this is already discussed, but my question is: why the link is not somehow reported in one of the OGS menu? Or maybe there is and I missed it?

Great work, my compliment again.

2 Likes

Well hidden, but it’s listed on

6 Likes

Finally got enough time to push the new updates:

• Progressive loading: This is @stone.defender 's suggestion from another thread. You can now see charts immediately while the games data are still loading.

• No more lifetime statistic: all charts now use filtered game data to show info.

No new chart, just quality of life features, hope you like it!

6 Likes

@Chinitsu I’ve just tried it and now get a blank screen (phone using Chrome or Firefox). Maybe I’m too impatient but at least before you could see that it was importing. Sorry to be a pest, I do appreciate your efforts!

3 Likes

Oh no it’s an error, fixing T_T

5 Likes