G0tstats is back! (with more stats)

Hello. This statistics tool is cool. One thing I’d like to see that isn’t shown yet:

How does time-of-day affect my results? That is, how much more do I tend to win when I play in the morning vs the afternoon vs the evening?

5 Likes

I don’t think they can tell what timezone each player was in at the time of the game :thinking: otherwise that’s a cool idea

2 Likes

Yes. The best I can do is using the current device’s timezone to determine day vs night. That should suffice for most players, but for those who move around a lot that wouldn’t be very accurate.

3 Likes

weird thing i found, i just started playing on ogs late okt, i tried gOtstats. but it counts 28 games total and 2,000 games a day average. that isn’t right!? or is it?

1 Like

Plays 1.933 games per day on average.

Actually, it says you play 1 [decimal] 933 games per day on average (slightly less than 2 per day)

4 Likes

See
this post and next ones

3 Likes

Totally unrelated trivia: Vietnamese use French number convention, which is exactly the opposite of US convention: , is the decimal separator (2,99 means 2.99), while thousands are separated with . like 2.000.000VNĐ.

Don’t ask me how confusing things become when you work in an IT company and the boss writes 3,996 :sweat_smile:

7 Likes

Or when you are a developer (like me) in a Dutch engineering company with international scope, where some employees use Dutch localized Windows (decimal separator is comma, date separator is dash) and other employees use international localized Windows.

5 Likes

I am pretty new to Got Stats but still, thank you! This app is great! I discovered a lot on it. :grin: :slightly_smiling_face: :wink:

6 Likes

Say, @Chinitsu, would it be possible to make the %age text on the light green background BLACK, so as to give it more contrast?

My olden eyes have increasing difficulty reading this.

Of course (!) you have, thankfully, made it possible to see the numbers when I move the mouse over that section with the li’l popup thingie, which is awesome, as is that whole site, thanks for all that!

But might be even a little better with more contrasting text?

7 Likes

Ouch I got my email setup incorrectly and didn’t receive any notification for months, sorry @trohde :sob:

That’s a good suggestion I’ll change it within this week :smiley:

5 Likes

No worries, @Chinitsu—this was just a small thing, I hope you didn’t miss anything more important :slight_smile:

Thanks again :pray:

1 Like

Hello friends, just a head up/opinion asking:

So I will have an entire week free at start of February, and also luckily have another free friend to help me.

I need to ask everyone’s opinion on this thing:

I’ve been working on Tom’s suggestion above and ended up trying to add another quality of life improvement to GotStat.

But in the end I face an issue: a website memory is too limited (at maximum only 5MB of memory). So many things are inconvenient e.g. you have to wait for the download everytime to see your stats.

We’re thinking about moving g0tStats to a mobile app.

• We can save the data on the phone, so stats will be available every time you comeback automatically. You only need to download newer games.
  • There’s a possibility to add a lot more in-depth analysis now that your sgfs are saved on the phone.
  • A possibility to add SGF view/editing to the app.

And we’re quite confident we can do that within a month or so.

I want to ask everyone’s opinion on this. Is this like something you would absolutely want to have? Would you prefer a website instead of having to download a mobile app?

Just to clarify: the mobile app wouldl still be completely free to use like before. I’m ok financially. Not batman-rich or anything but paying Apple’s annual fee for like 10 years should be absolutely no issue.

8 Likes

I used GotStat occasionally (thanks!), but would never consider installing an app.

8 Likes

I dont like installing apps on my phone, i’d rather use everything via browser if possible

7 Likes

I will gladly install a gostats app if needed and if it brings me some fun features.

2 Likes

For me it’s definitely Web site.

I also don’t even play on my mobile communication electro thingie because … hey, when I’m not at my desk I have some reason for it, like driving or being with Real Life people, or just taking a walk.

But if there is going to be no other way, then ofc I’d use an app (hopefully iOS).

But honestly, I’d rather pay you, say, ~24€/year if it could stay a Web page. EVEN though I only ever use it every ~2–3 months, and then only for ~10–20 minutes.

6 Likes

I also much prefer a website rather than an app. Maybe consider ways to integrate into the OGS front-end code? It would nice to be able to just view these sorts of statistics and graphs easily from a profile page (or maybe via subpage by clicking on a link), rather than having to manually load up a profile from another website.

5 Likes

If the problem is client-side memory issues, I’m not sure integration to OGS front-end will help.

To me, the obvious solution is to move these computations server-side, but I’m not sure how costly that is.

3 Likes

I would like to have it! “Absolutely” is a bit strong but it would be nice!

1 Like