Go Jokes 😆

I’m a Go joke :cry:

inb4, YES light theme.

8 Likes
15 Likes

This is one of the best xkcd I’ve seen :joy:

Glares in harsh judgement (just like your screen does)

2 Likes

As creator of the thread, I’ve restored its original name. I would prefer not to see the thread descend into general blather, so I like the restricted implications of the original title.

4 Likes

So, what does “jokes” mean? Only text-based jokes? Would sharing comics or image/video-based jokes be okay? It seems that even some of the earliest posts in this thread were videos and images.

What about anti-jokes? Or critical satire? Or ridiculously pedantic, self-referential meta-humor?

Come on, this is a thread for fun, why restrict its ability to meander?

3 Likes

What’s that old saying?

“Over-examining a joke is like dissecting a frog - it’s messy and the frog rarely survives the process…”

7 Likes

Knock knock!

Who’s there?

A Go joke!

A Go joke who?

A Go joke that is actually just a ridiculously pedantic, self-referential anti-joke meant as critical satire of the arbitrary restriction of this thread to only “jokes”

EDIT: inb4 someone points out that I didn’t say “meta”

8 Likes

I don’t mean to over-examine any of the jokes here, but rather examine and scathingly criticize the draconian measures put forth by @Conrad_Melville.

Humanity stands at a pivotal cross-roads. How can we countenance this terrible injustice? We have no other path, we must …

4 Likes

Do her hands signify “your moyo is THAT big”?

6 Likes

Bad teacher :S :cry:

3 Likes

Your absence shows is a more accurate interpretation.
:heart::heart::heart:

1 Like

shucks

2 Likes

Knock Knock

Who’s there?

Moyo…

Moyo who?

Moyo open the door please? It is cold outside and I am freezing :crazy_face:

9 Likes

A Go player, Bridge player, and Chess player rob a bank. As they are trying to get away, the police arrive and chase them through the streets. The three robbers run through alleys trying to lose the cops, but take a wrong turn and wind up going down a dead end alley. Finding that they are trapped, they only see three potato sacks that they could possibly hide in.

The police eventually catch up and only find the three potato sacks in the dead end alley. A suspicious detective comes up and kicks one of the potato sacks, which has the Go player hiding inside. Thinking quickly, the Go player says “Woof! Woof!”, and the detective says, “Ah! It must be just a dog inside there!”. The detective then kicks the next sack, which has the Bridge player hiding inside, and who says “Meow! Meow!”, to which the detective supposes, “Ah! It must be just a cat inside there!”. Finally, the detective kicks the last sack, and the Chess player says “PO … TA … TO”

7 Likes

“I’ve created a Go program that mimics human play,” said a computer programmer. “So it is professional level?” asks the advising professor. “No, it just blames its loss on outside conditions.”

23 Likes

Two Go players are playing a correspondence game. Black lives at the South Pole, and White lives at the North Pole. The postal service is rather slow, and play proceeds at the rate of one move per month. After 14 years of play, Black made a daring tenuki, sacrificing 10 stones for uncertain compensation. A month later, as she sees the postman returning, she is very excited. She thinks, “Will White take my stones?” “Is the sacrifice sound?”

She tears open the reply and sees “Undo request?”

18 Likes

Go is mean. They say that without 2 eyes, its dead! What’s wrong with being blind!!! :wink:

4 Likes

I was the only student who said “GO!” when the teacher held up a reversi board. The students stared at me with confusion.

(True story. I also thought @yebellz profile picture was a crosscut. And yes it is.)

2 Likes

It is. I was only joking when I said that it was a picture of reversi.

5 Likes

Klack Klack…

Who’s there?

Yunzi.

3 Likes