Go Memes! 🧐

You know what they say… If you can’t find the dog in the family, maybe you are the dog. :heart:

2 Likes

18 Likes

Spectating low-dan games

panel%202
panel%203
panel%204
panel%205

7 Likes

Very tangential meme.

MIT, 1965

"What is this?"

"The world’s first superhuman Go program, written in Maclisp! I call it AlphaGo. It just beat Go Seigen in a ten-game match."

"Just scroll through the opening brackets and have a look at the code, then we’ll publish. This is really going to shake up the Go world – and establish Lisp as a serious programming language once and for all!"

8 Likes

Hmmm…

If you hadn’t specifically called it a meme, I’d have moved it to Go Jokes as a routine kind of “tidying/admin” thing :open_mouth:

1 Like

Lol, no worries. I’m a bit of an awkward foreigner in this thread but I do my best ^^

3 Likes

Book Review

Hi guys, I just bought a new book from Slate & Shell and I figured I’d review it here. It’s called Checkmate! Essential Lessons in the Game of Go, by Daijoubu Nekomimi.

I’ll start with some excerpts:

Counting liberties: Kyu players often fail to properly realise the result of semeai and fighting positions. Always check for the fifth liberty!

Running fights: Don’t be afraid to run off the edge of the board – your neighbour may have room.

Geography of the goban: The nine dots on the Go board indicate the horsey points. Don’t place stones behind them, they will get scared.

Tesuji for fighting: Make sure to regularly double back on your tracks – this will keep the opponent off the scent!

Advanced techniques: The high dan player always seeks the most efficient method of capture; this diagram shows the whole board being surrounded by first-line stones.

12 Likes

Who says I never post real memes?!

12 Likes

16 Likes

Took him a while but he got there… weird fuseki though.

15 Likes

29 Likes

When I tenuki, but feel like I’ve overlooked something vital

11 Likes

When you’ve got IBS… sometimes you’ve just gotta go :roll_eyes:

1 Like

I think I would still first remove the gas pump handle, instead of just ripping it off by driving away.

3 Likes

I would like to think that too, but… :smirk:

2 Likes

FFS. I literally had no idea what that was about until yebellz post. I didn’t see it !! :open_mouth:

10 Likes

Smells like Go spirit…

14 Likes

:white_circle: Essence of Sedol :black_circle:

sedol

7 Likes

:laughing:

8 Likes