Go Style Horoscopes ☯

Yep, sorry, I thought “translate this page” would work.

2 Likes

No worries, I was just too lazy to even try an automatic translation and guessed.

1 Like

It gave me a Miranda as well, so it’s obviously faulty.

Also, I can’t picture you @yebellz as a Miranda, she notices everything but at the same time lets everything pass. No way she’d be a Pedant :tm:.

2 Likes

Someone should make a “which go (move / joeski / fuseki / etc) captures your soul?” type of quiz…

Are you?

• Komoku (3-4): traditional and stable, you seek familiarity in your endeavors…
  • Hoshi (4-4): open and flexible, you quickly adapt to changing situations…
  • Sansan (3-3): conservative and reserved, you closely guard what is yours…
  • Mokuhazushi (3-5): dynamic and ambitious, you do not back down from challenges…
5 Likes

On it.

2 Likes

And, of course, since all things need a cross-over…

3 Likes
3 Likes

My results:
Mokuhazushi (3-5):
dynamic and ambitious, you do not back down from challenges…
40% Match

2 Likes

Wow, did you literally just make that? That’s awesome
:clap:

My results:
Komoku (3-4):
traditional and stable, you seek familiarity in your endeavors…
20% Match

Consistent with my Miranda result earlier, nice!

2 Likes

It seems I’m at least as accurate as horoscopes. :crown:

3 Likes

Argh so frustrated I can’t go on that quiz maker site

Oh no, why, it seems to open for me, here’s the link without the automatic box thingie https://www.quiz-maker.com/QG4VZKOOJ

Firewall, no vpn I guess, nvm.

1 Like

Looks like I’m a 60% match for Komoku (3-4) :raised_hands:t2:

3 Likes

Same here. :grin:

3 Likes

:fortune_cookie:
Is the thread dying out?
Don’t despair! For I got San-San, my post lives in the corner.

conservative and reserved, you closely guard what is yours…

60% Match

5 Likes

I zombiethread, I know, I’m sorry.
However:

YT suggested this, which is an old video of a Greek Youtuber who debunks stupid stuff. A few years ago, an Astrology School was approved as an official college of sorts (which means it would receive government money, ie our taxes) but after common sense everywhere went ballistic, government retracted the thing. One of those panel shows (?) had the Director of that thing invited to explain her “science” and they brought a physics-mathematics prof to offer his perspective.
He says basically “it’s not an educational thing, it’s a political thing, and it’s the way of the government to impose a stupidity tax to anyone who enrolls”.
The timestamp below is the Youtuber’s comment on that

(no subs, but really, you only need this moment)

btw, I’m still a Mokuhazushi, but now I’m a 60% match :sunglasses:

2 Likes

Since this thread was recently bumped, but no one has asked for any updated horoscopes, let me just make a quick bunch for the entire zodiac.

:aries:

Whether or not you should make a specific move could cause some tension between your groups, Aries. You may think that it isn’t feasible now, while your opponent is determined to go for it. This isn’t the day to try to reach an agreement in this matter. Neither of you is likely to tenuki. Wait a couple turns until the game is a bit less tense.

:taurus:

Your opponent may be pressing and you might be expected to respond. You’ve probably had a stressful fuseki and really don’t feel up to it. Your opponent may try to induce you to play by making some forcing moves. Don’t fall into that trap. Go only if you feel that the value of the move overrides your need to take sente. Your stones will forgive you if you tenuki.

:gemini:

Today you might receive some uncomfortable intuitive moves in one or more of your games, Gemini. Perhaps some moves don’t feel honte but came out to play anyway. Sensing the tension on the board could save you some grief, as desperate groups may be stressed and likely to lash out in response. It’s best to focus on solid pursuits if you can.

:cancer:

Today you may attain a goal you’ve been hoping to reach for a long time, Cancer. Oddly enough, friends, family, and even your opponents may not seem as happy as you expected. They’ve probably suffered too many frustrations recently, and your success only reminds them of this. Give them some time to settle their own weak groups and they will congratulate you. They’re only human.

:leo:

Today you may be anxious to spend time with your moyo, Leo, but there could be some urgent moves you need to do first. This could stress you out quite a bit if you let it. Roll up your sleeves and handle whatever needs to be done and then hightail it back to your area of influence. Relax and enjoy the company of your stable groups!

:virgo:

Today it might be more difficult than usual for you to deal with overplay, Virgo. Someone might challenge you with a rather obscure joseki that you can’t understand. In fact, you might find the situation - or anything else you try to read - boring! You don’t want to hurt your opponent’s feelings. Put the game aside and try again later. The position should be clearer to you then.

:libra:

Some ko threats that come to you from a friendly rival could shake you up today, Libra. You might find that what you play casts doubts on fuseki you’ve embraced for most of your life. This could confuse you. Don’t feel threatened. Everyone has to recreate some joseki from time to time. Think about it when you’re more relaxed and you might find it isn’t so radical after all.

:scorpius:

Today you may see that nearly every game you play is fighting, Scorpio. You may have a few differences with a current or potential opponent, but this is nothing to worry about. You’re tense and edgy because of outside pressure, so your liberties might be a bit fewer than usual. Try to extend your base a little further, just for today. All should be well by tomorrow.

:sagittarius:

Today you may be in a very stressful ko fight. Your stones are likely to be tense and anxious, and you’re no exception. You may need to stay in the corner until you’ve accomplished your objectives. You will probably want to spend your evening at home in front of the forums, doing and thinking absolutely nothing. Relax!

:capricorn:

You and a current or potential moyo may disagree on whether to spend exert pressure or build territory, Capricorn. If you’ve both had a rough day, you’re likely to be rather tense and apt to snap at invasions. A compromise may be the best answer. Spend an hour or two with your correspondence games and then come to the forums and relax. That way, everyone’s happy.

:aquarius:

A relaxing evening in the forums may be just what you need, Aquarius, but a friend might ask you to play a go variant. You may have had a stressful few days. Such a game may be the last thing you want to do. Don’t be afraid to say no. There will be plenty of pedants there. At the most, put in a quick appearance and then leave. Right now you need rest more than frivolity.

:pisces:

Today you may try to use several new fuseki, Pisces, none of which may be flexible. You might particularly want to reach a distant group lying weakly far away. This could prove frustrating, as you have some urgent use for it. Keep trying. You will eventually manage to connect, and the position will gladly reward you.

4 Likes

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
AAAHHHHHHAAAHHAAAA

ooof, break for breath

HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHAAHAHAHA

I should switch to my Chinese sign, because Western science has failed me.
(I’m a Dog, btw. Which should be obvious :stuck_out_tongue: )

3 Likes

:dog:

If what you and your fuseki are doing generates the results you want, stick with it. If you are comfortable, you can write your own joseki. Read it out if you have a concern. Don’t be rigid about the way in which you handle your opponent’s tricks and overplay.

4 Likes