Go videos

Yeah, quite a few people (myself included) feel that Garlock doesn’t add to, but rather detracts from, Redmond.

To be honest, I think that any dan-level natively Anglophone Go streamer would do a better job, eg. Clossius. But I agree that Redmond does perfectly fine without a co-host.

5 Likes

Are there videos of his games? I found some NHK ones where he does commentary, but I’d like to watch him play as well.
I know we have these games on OGS nine_dan but I would like a video, because they have commentary (and I can somewhat understand what’s going on).

EDIT: And I found this while searching. The one time I regret that I don’t like this kind of games:

5 Likes
3 Likes
2 Likes
4 Likes
7 Likes

All saw this one right

And in Japanese for language adepts

And the next part of his Nihon Kiin lectures

4 Likes

Here’s what I found about shaping slate stones:

3 Likes
2 Likes

Redmond showing 9x9 board to beginners

2 Likes

Have we posted this? A bit too shiny I think, but still I want one.

4 Likes

I wonder what happened to that nice board…

2 Likes

“How do you repair a Go board?”

-Spill some blood on it and see what happens.

3 Likes

Shapes for total beginners

2 Likes

short meme video

3 Likes

I made my own finishing wax for go equipment, along with a 90-minute How-To. It will be alongside other Unboxing and How-To videos om the BadukClub youtube channel.

How-to Make Paste Wax (Linseed Oil, Beeswax, Turpentine) - Making-of MonkeyWax @ Store.Baduk.Club

You can listen to my dulcet tones as I put you to sleep with go equipment Care Instructions, and/or subscribe for more How-To’s, Unboxings, etc.

The finished products are available at Store.Baduk.Club

The stuff you can find linked on the us go website

2 Likes

Wait wut at 2:06

Edit: “suicide of a single stone is not allowed”. :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

Also wut in the counting “if you can fill in all of your remaining stones”. Am I missing something?

Ah, that Ing thingie.

There are several variations of the Ing’s Bowl measuring devices. This is the latest portable version players can still buy (very limited though). It’s a bowl and the measuring device combined, and have to buy the stones as a set since their sizes need to match the measuring slots.

There are tables combined with measuring devices as well

Pulling out and close the rotated drawers and automatically raise and lower the measuring tray, it would slide stones into the measuring slots.

Cheaper versions of the Ing’s tables, with manual measuring devices

4 Likes

Are Ing rules still used somewhere? In Taiwan? Or in some tournaments?