Go videos

:sob:

announcement around 59:30

1 Like

Shibano Toramaru petting cats

2 Likes

From advice for teaching board games to your friends that can be applied to go:

1. Before you get into the rules, state the objective (how to win), and why playing is fun.
  2. Rehearse what you’re going to cover and what you’re going to say.
  3. Provide snacks.
    EDIT:
  4. Let your friends touch the stones.
    EDIT:
  5. Help them feel comfortable and relaxed enough to ask questions, and minimize the fear of looking stupid.
  6. When setting up an example, instead of saying “white and black”, name your players and put them a hypothetical game situation, like idk, “say Lukas, you’ve sketched out some territory on this side with your stones, but then, Bob-- you don’t want Lukas to have so much territory, so you can invade…! … like this…”
3 Likes

Shin Jinseo reviewing with English subtitles. Video and subtitles in the google drive link below, in case people missed it under the reddit thread.

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1ilVC86Vov1BmZtCpkL7vfaSSmlMVeE4l

3 Likes

2022-08-08T01:00:00Z - supposed to be in 6 hours though.

1 Like

Color Go Server was seen by a pro (in case you’re wondering they don’t say anything important).

Additionally on the same channel they with Katou Chie who is a pretty strong female go player played rare 8x8 go.

Lecture by In-Seong Hwang 8d EGF at US Go Congress 2022. I always love his lectures.

4 Likes

A local TV report about go tournament. It doesn’t really matter what they say, mostly just usual nice words that don’t mean much.

0:22 Shikshin
2:20 Frejlak /at least someone still hasn’t cancelled Russia
4:35 Kovaleva

Go tournament/event for everyone in Japan. You know, inclusivity and accessibility and all that.

We’ve had a time when our local groups regulars where 50% severely handicapped. That’s the (well, one) nice thing about go, no reason for extra rules or groups or whatever.

1 Like

Morita Michihiro vs Kyo Kagen commented by Cho Chikun.

Morita is a bit old, his heyday was 20-30 years ago, I guess. Kyo Kagen would be way too strong for him now.

Spoilers!

It was ok in the opening, right. Remember how people played top-right joseki? So long ago.

But in the very first fight black fell apart, I think Kyo Kagen just didn’t push on for more, didn’t need to, after all.

And how cool was that atari. He waited whole game to pull it out at the right moment, great game.

1 Like

small channel newly recommended to me on youtube. uses light music and annotations instead of voice-overs

Yamashita Keigo vs Fujita Akihiko. Extremely good game. The result may surprise you.

Takemiya Masaki commentary on his game with Cho Chikun from 80s (with english subtitles).

2 Likes

UEC stream

Do I understand correctly that it would have worked if the game got to that point, but Jonas chose to stop mirroring with D14? Do we know if Jonas stopped mirroring because he saw the plan coming or he just felt it was a good place to diverge anyways? (running out a stone in a not-working ladder seems like a pretty natural choice)

Either way, what a cool plan from Stanislaw, never saw anything like it before!