Go videos

i was pretty happy when my opponent pincered with the exact same move the above vid is about ( I am white)

I didnt get to play much of the variations tho. The game was pretty short.XD (white got the ladder)

Funny and interesting video about โ€œAI expertโ€ pro game, in English

Some highlights of blackโ€™s uncharacteristic (for a Japanese pro at least) killing strategy:

Eventually it does come down to a struggle for white to make 2 eyes.

Here it seems that both players missed that white could still live in this position:
White played A, which was the losing move, but the AI review reveals that white could have lived with B.

2 Likes

They are really popping off with their channel, great study material!!

The position on the east is a contemporary side joseki, it was also played in a game between Mi Yuting vs Yang Dingxin in Avril. ^^

1 Like

Counting 364-move game

4 Likes

Completely free Female Kisei Title Match broadcast. NHK-style time control so you donโ€™t fall asleep watching the game.

3 Likes

Thanks mate, we were looking for this stream!!!

Is this game available on ogs?

Hey, blankets!!! :smile:

2 Likes

Yoshida pointed out a cool move.

Black can play 1 because white canโ€™t afford to take it since white group there will die. Though just taking there works the same I guess?

Nakamura Sumire has a cute footrest.

Average Japanese go fan.

Looks like catholic church? With pipe organ.

5 Likes

Yes. Not only, the architecture and very high ceiling, the banks for the public, the windows and some of the decorations

2 Likes

It saddens me to say, the Korean baduk broadcasters intergame ads reflect that too - most of the time itโ€™s wigs, bone supplements, and other stuff for senior citizens. :crying_cat_face: Would love to see young people getting into go/baduk/weiqi again too, in all the big go nations, and abroad!!

(Edit: nothing against those ads per se! I would probably be happy to see some of this stuff when I reach the old fox-stage myself ^^)

Oh, and this was the very first time I have seen a competition take place in a church!! And Nakamura is so darn young! The cute footrest just highlights how young she actually is. Doesnโ€™t even reach the floor yet when sitting on an adults chair! UwU UwU UwU UwU

Quick, watch before they hid it

White player (Yuki Satoshi) is scary. The way he plays has โ€œprofessional blitz playerโ€ feel to it.

On 20:11 unforgivable act of pressing the clock with wrong hand.

2 Likes

Have we done this one?

Comment highlights:

4 Likes

Next time Iโ€™m only reading 11 moves deep Iโ€™ll be ashamed (more deeply than my reading).

3 Likes

I posted it here somewhere but hereโ€™s a repost, wouldnโ€™t hurt.

3 Likes

Thanks a lot, whereever you posted it before I missed it XD - I am a fan of Ueno Asami and I recognize Ohashi from the Nihon Kiin Go fo Overseas channel (his lecture was posted just two weeks ago Go videos - #473 by gennan) - looking forward to watch it!!

1 Like

Veteran battle

1 Like
1 Like

ASMR-like go playing. Japanese mumbling is included.

4 Likes

A very nice game to watch, a really Japanese style game with a nice and balanced flow.
Black seems quite a decent player, but white is only toying mildly with black and still wins fairly easily even though black has a 3 stone handicap. So white seems significantly stronger than black.
Perhaps this was a teaching game?

I translated the video description after watching the game and typing the comment above, it says that black is a 6d amateur and white is a professional player.
IME a 6d amateur in Japan can be anything from 3d EGF to 6d EGF. Judging from this game Iโ€™d say that this Japanese 6d is not stronger than 4d EGF.

Iโ€™m going to watch the review at the end now.

Edit: in the more recent video (with 3 stones against a stronger pro, ใ€็ฌฌ12ๅ›žใ€‘fuie studio Tokyo ๅ›ฒ็ขใ‚ฒใ‚นใƒˆใƒžใƒƒใƒใ€Œๅคงๆฉ‹ๆ‹“ๆ–‡ไธƒๆฎตใ€ - YouTube) this black player plays a different kind of game, with many moves that strike me as โ€œkyu-ishโ€ style. So I feel that his 6d rank is a bit flattering, even in Japan. To me that suggests he is a higher staff member of the company that posts these promotional videos.

1 Like