Go World News

Looking back on those two posts, I realise that perhaps I gave the wrong impression.

It’s not really even our place to voice opinions on what’s clearly a very personal issue.

It’s

a) Good that Diana came forward, hopefully getting closure
b) Good that she felt comfortable enough to come forward now, when she couldn’t in 2009
c) Good that the matter will see some kind of resolution

How the accusee is dealt with should be recognised as secondary to the three main points: the most important thing was to get the matter out into the open, and even provoke some discussion about women’s rights in South Korea, which apparently needs to take place.

4 Likes

As I said I met Diana at her very beginning of amateur go fame. She was then like 6d teaching us, playing simultaneous games and sharing a mountain of happiness and dreams. She was going to study go in a Korean University that was awesome.
I met here again briefly in Beijing 2008 and that was a different story. I was surprised how people may change sincerely. Many years had passed too.
By all time I kept interest on the women weiqi world. I met ruinaiwei, one of my stars. I went to world women pro championship, interviewed the players. I jump and argue in KGS chats against stupid males with stupid ideas on go women pros, which I can’t believe are still around sometimes.
Now I wish all the strength she will have in putting the reality to the light and getting to free her mind and enjoy then much more life and weiqi.
Good luck!

6 Likes

Alexandre Grigorievich Dinerchtein (Александр Григорьевич Динерштейн, born April 19, 1980)

That’s today

2 Likes

https://playerly.com/course/606b0e52bb3d227b91b4648e

Go as a poker variant? Interesting.

1 Like

The Mi Yuting – Xie Ke MLily Cup best-of-five final is now tied 1–1.

Michael Redmond will be commenting the next game and also the fifth game if it occurs.

Tomorrow is a rest day.

4 Likes

Owo my friends. Regional TV piece about go.

It’s something about Amateur championship in Russia. Something like 100 moves/days until it, and every region of Russia makes a move (though several moves because we don’t have enough go places to fill 100) in turn. Kinda like Olympic fire but with go moves. A relay race? In Russian we often use a word that comes from French estafette.

And if I google it, I get

Anyway, here’s a game. It looks… wrong.

9 Likes

Estafette was that car used mostly by french administration like police (most famous, bringing staff against manifestation for ex) or post service

MLily cup, final result and summary:

MLily cup

2021-05-05 Mi YuTing won 3-2 against Xie Ke

1 Like

I didn’t realise but Ryan Li is down as 3p and Eric Lui as 2p in the North American Go Federation https://nagofed.org/

2 Likes

You got me confused for a sec, it was Xie Ke who played with Mi Yuting, not Ke Jie. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Thx. Edited

1 Like

Other than “I have money to burn” what is an NFT? I’m stupid, please put it simply.

1 Like

“I have crypto money to burn”?

3 Likes

I mean after reading about it and watching some videos, I still don’t really know.

It’s like you pay a lot of money basically for a public receipt.

Mostly it probably doesn’t entitle you to much more than anyone else, eg the nyan cat gif probably won’t cease to exist with one person supposedly buying an nft of it. I doubt the creator was selling the copyright/rights to it.

Some people liken it to getting an autograph or a signed jersey except people are paying ludicrous amounts of money for basically nothing.

I imagine this guy just can’t believe his luck he can basically sell his meme (video interview)

4 Likes

Indeed, looks like before they traded coins which are basically pieces of data, now these pieces of data can be anything.

Googling anything about crypto is so hard, all these gurus and news websites with their junk articles trash the search results completely.

I think this one post is good, at least there’s no nonsense words and nothing stands out as clearly wrong.

If you remember Lee Sedol already was in the news related to blockchain once. He probably really likes the concept.

3 Likes

If you remember Lee Sedol already was in the news related to blockchain once.

Remember gomagic? Here’s an alternative.

https://awesomebaduk.com

1 Like

Btw, WAGC is from June 3rd, that’s almost now.

3 Likes

Sounds interesting, first event back to face to face?
Do you know if there will be some scribes for OGS?