Go World News

Ai preliminaries ended

2 Likes

I think I know only the first and the last.

1 Like

Handol?

A Sumire brand has appeared. A major sauce manufacturer created “Sumire-chan’s Barbecued Meat Sauce” (“chan” in an affectionate title used for young children) and distributed it free to participants in a go festival held at the Umeda Go Club in Osaka on July 19, 26, August 2 and 9. It was also sold for 300 yen a bottle. As far as I know, it is not being generally distributed.

– The Power Report, August

1 Like

Illustration to that. 「菫ちゃんの焼肉のたれ」for language library topic.

3 Likes

Has Cho Kosumi not played this year?

There are two losses on go4go (dated November and December) and nothing on gokifu. I can’t help feeling we must be missing some. I also wonder whether the go4go games might have been misdated and really be the ones played last July.

The Kosumi thread there has been inactive for (just) over a year… much as I dislike Reddit, I even checked the thread there, which has also been dead for a year as well.

I would’ve expected more preliminaries to be available, even with lockdown.

Ah, she played (and lost) a pair Go event with eighteen year old 1p Watanabe Kandai.

Not as girly as Sumire~

The game record is, blergh, a UGI. Hope you have Panda…

I just discovered a certain 14 year old prodigy called Fukuoka Kotaro, who’s been having great results.

He’s beaten Yo Kagen, Rin Kaiho and Ueno Asami, but I haven’t seen anyone talking about him. I had to make his SL article myself.

Oh, and Ida Atsushi and Fujisawa Rina as well.

6 Likes

Left or right?

I said he and him.

And you should know Ueno Risa by now.

Did more digging. He beat Rin Kaiho twice and also Kudo Norio. Not your ordinary 1–2p…

Filthy casual

1 Like

Nakamura Sumire is gonna play Antti 2021/08/02. No broadcast though.

4 Likes

https://lifein19x19.com/viewtopic.php?p=266247#p266247

Blind 12-yo insei Iwasaki Haruto lost to Sumire in a two-stone game (by four points).

He apparently had trouble in a difficult endgame with “several kos and quite a lot of ko threats”.

Fairbairn didn’t post the kifu.

2 Likes

Blind is a vague term, I wondered how blind he is. On the internet it was said he has 0.01 left in his left eye (and right eye can’t see). Googling that gives something like this, so an extremely blurred picture.

Maybe go isn’t that bad of a hobby with this because we only need to distinguish white and black spots anyway. You can see in the videos he appears to be actually looking at the board.

As for the game you can watch a two-hour stream but whoever has time for that

There’s a video kifu in 10 minutes

because sgfs are for losers

5 Likes

Your resource acquisition is very impressive.

I was going to post a picture of a cat in a library, until I found

4 Likes

I think I can see the game on WBaduk. Really I should be sleeping but also tempted to try relay it here if others don’t, assuming that is the game.

Edit:

I’ll do it for a little bit and go to sleep if it’s just me watching :stuck_out_tongue:

Edit 2: Level 2 ai review

I’m also just noticing auto-correct got me with the names :man_facepalming: (“Summer”…)

4 Likes

That’s good on one hand and bad on another. It’s nice to see Tormanen but this means their broadcast schedule can’t be trusted :confused:

Thanks for catching this one.

For relays we always have yike: 弈客围棋

2 Likes

Unfortunately I can’t watch but I caught this

2 Likes

Interestingly there’s a popup on the KPMC page Korea Prime Miniter Cup (KPMC) about broadcasting of the games giving I presume a list of placings streaming :slight_smile:

Edit: They’re not all live now or doing coverage now, but I guess places to keep an eye on.

Edit: The tournament draw and some things are on this channel

2 Likes

It seems like a good opportunity for wbaduk/cyberoro to promote their server to non-Koreans. But as usual, these Asian servers don’t care about foreign players.

In that case KPMC should have worked with other servers. Especially western ones like KGS or OGS to relay the matches live.

It’s like they don’t care about promoting the event or even the game. Instead we have a list of youtube and twitch channels with no clear schedule. Like who covers which match.

1 Like