A bunch of games were played today in China.
First we have 18th South-West Qiwang (西南棋王戦)
Total 16 players participate (goratings place in brackets):
- Yunnan Province: Ke Jie (3), Fu Chong (102), Liu Qifeng (688)
- Chengdu: Dang Yifei (38), Liao Yuanhe (23), Gu Lingyi (59), Ma Yichao (192)
- Chongqing Municipality: Yang Dingxin (11), Li Xuanhao (32), He Yuhan (244)
- Tibet: Zhou Ruiyang (26)
- Guizhou: Tang Weixing (33), Shi Yue (13)
- Special invitation: Chang Hao (159), Gu Li (78), Mi Yuting (4)
Knockout tournament, two rounds today, the rest is tomorrow.
Mi Yuting (芈昱廷) 1-0 Gu Lingyi (古灵益) kifu
Dang Yifei (党毅飞) 1-0 Zhou Ruiyang (周睿羊) kifu
Shi Yue (时越) 1-0 Fu Chong (付冲) kifu
He Yuhan (何语涵) 1-0 Gu Li (古力) kifu
Ke Jie (柯洁) 1-0 Tang Weixing (唐韦星) kifu
Liao Yuanhe (廖元赫) 1-0 Liu Qifeng (柳琪峰) kifu
Yang Dingxin (杨鼎新) 1-0 Ma Yichao (马逸超) kifu
Li Xuanhao (李轩豪) 1-0 Chang Hao (常昊) kifu
Mi Yuting (芈昱廷) 0-1 Dang Yifei (党毅飞) kifu
Shi Yue (时越) 0-1 He Yuhan (何语涵) kifu
Ke Jie (柯洁) 1-0 Liao Yuanhe (廖元赫) kifu
Yang Dingxin (杨鼎新) 1-0 Li Xuanhao (李轩豪) kifu
Personally, I’m disappointed in Mi Yuting losing but probably the biggest surprise is He Yuhan coming out of nowhere and beating Gu Li and Shi Yue.
Pairings for semi-finals:
Dang Yifei vs He Yuhan
Ke Jie vs Yang Dingxin yikeweiqi relay
Another one is Nie Weiping Cup.
Point of the tournament is to have old masters that have greatly influenced development of go long time ago battle it out (presumably on top of a mountain) like in the old days.
- China: Nie Weiping, Wang Runan, Ma Xiaochun, Song Xuelin
- Japan: Takemiya Masaki, Kobayashi Koichi
- Korea: Seo Bongsoo, Yoo Changhyuk
Nie Weiping (聂卫平) 1-0 Takemiya Masaki (武宫正树) kifu
Wang Runan (王汝南) 0-1 Kobayashi Koichi (小林光一) kifu
Ma Xiaochun (马晓春) 1-0 Seo Bongsoo (徐奉洙) kifu
Song Xuelin (宋雪林) 0-1 Yoo Changhyuk (刘昌赫) kifu
Nie Weiping (聂卫平) 1-0 Yoo Changhyuk (刘昌赫) kifu
Ma Xiaochun (马晓春) 0-1 Kobayashi Koichi (小林光一) kifu
Nie Weiping vs Kobayashi Koichi
Video snippet of Takemiya playing: