God of Go decentralized Go platform

http://godofgo.com

FIRST DECENTRALIZED GO LEARNING AND PLAYING PLATFORM

We will continue to update the development of God of Go here. Expecting the alpha version to be released in October 2019.

Johan

2 Likes

What is God of Go?

Why / how does the founding team consist entirely of children?!

3 Likes

It’s a decentralized application under development. You can read more info in the whitepaper on www.godofgo.com

All of them are Go players and guided by their parents who are in the blockchain and programming

Congratulations for being a CEO at your age! :slight_smile:

In the homepage I read: “Great income source”… this sounds funny… or awkward… just like dating sites promising lots of available women.

I had a look at the whitepaper: it’s all about money.
Well, good luck! I wish you become the next Zuckerberg and promote Go all around the world while becoming rich.
I wouldn’t bet on it, though.

2 Likes

It can be come income source for the teachers and go school worldwide. I don’t see anything funny here. With reward to encourage learning and learning re-enforcement, every learning action can be rewarded with token. Anyway, I have been raised 40k usd from 800 ppl and hired 3 full-time staff. So let’s see. Just try our best.

1 Like

I looked hard for John Fairbairn until I realized it’s GodOfGo and not GoGod. :/

4 Likes

It can be come income source for the teachers and go school worldwide.

I hope it does, but I admit that I do not understand much about how the block-chain economies work …

For example, on the site it is said that :

• 40 million GOT will be sold at 1 Mcash = 20 GOT
  • 20 million GOT will be sold by Top-up card at : 10 SGD (5,000 GOT card) 20 SGD (10,000 GOT card)

So, 1 Mcash = 20 GOT right ?
But also 10 SGD = 5,000 GOT correct ?
This means that 10/250 SGD = 20 GOT
10 SGD = 7.26295 U.S. dollars according to google at this moment
So with simple calculations this means that
10/250 SGD = 7.56295/250 USD = 0,0290518 USD = 20 GOT = 1 MCash

Correct ?
But 1Mcash today is worth $0.01781719 according to this site here :

So, how does topping up works ? Will the prices be adjusted everyday to reflect the worth of the underlying cryptocurrency or will the company run at a profit while the cryptocurrency is below the 0,0290518 USD threshold and at a loss when/if the cryprocurrency breaks that price barrier ?

Similarly, supposing that someone wants to pay a teacher a 50 dollar fee for monthly lessons. That means that this person would need to have normally 68.84 SGD at hand or, with the prices above, they’d have had to get cards worth 35000 GOT in order to pay the 34420 GOT which is the equivalent of 50 USD

But 1 Mcash = 20 GOT so 34420 GOT are 1721Mcash which they, in turn are worth 1721 * 0.01781719 = 30.66 USD

So, that customer would have needed to pay the same 50 dollars regardless of the platform, but if they use your site the teacher is getting 30.66 USD instead of 50 ?

I really do not understand these things …

4 Likes

Is there a whitepaper describing how the Blockchain works.

I’m looking for

• which cryptographic functions are used to ensure the integrity of individual blocks
  • how do the smart contracts know the result of games? Are the games stored in the Blockchain as well?
  • what is the estimated growth rate of the Blockchain? (kB/game, GB/year, …)
  • At what rate are new blocks created? (Blocks/day)
  • Which parties can create now blocks?
  • How do you ensure, that neither party of a smat contract (bet on the outcome of a game) can place/accept a bet after thegame has ended, but before the next block is finalized.
  • …

Additionally:

• Is the number of tokens fixed? If not who/how do tokens enter and leave the market.
  • and WHY Blockchain!?
6 Likes

The sales of Go Token is over. The price you saw was during the offering. And it was sold to abt 800 ppl at that price: 1 mcash = 20 got.

When the game is released, people can buy the top up card from go school to top up and pay for activities such as lessons, reviews and so on. The way to top up card you can see at www.mcashplay.com and also it has a dApp now on dApp store on Midas Protocol Wallet. You can download the wallet on app store: http://onelink.to/xyqb5u

There are a lot of books out there about blockchain. For Go Token, it is an M1 token issued on Mcashchain public blockchain. If you want to understand more about McashChain, you can go to www.mcash.network and read its technical paper there.

The number of token is fixed. The token distribution is described on www.godofgo.com and its whitepaper.

Why blockchain? We only use the function of tokenomics of blockchain to enable to borderless payment with lightning speed and zero fees of McashChain to enable the activities. Tokenization and Gamification of activities may be able to help to encourage re-enforcement education and adding fun factor to the learning activities.

GoGod also could sell the service using token. Using Paypal may cause the owner of GoGod to pay several percent on the fees. If they take payment in XRP, ETH, Mcash or GOT, the fee is much lower. In term of liquidity, it may not be as instant and easy as using Paypal. The world of blockchain and cryptocurrencies still evolve. We can watch and see how it goes. To me, it is a great challenge in term of coding and also in business. It is the first time I could feel excited that we may contribute to the development of Go using some new ways.

The sales of Go Token is over. The price you saw was during the offering. And it was sold to abt 800 ppl at that price: 1 mcash = 20 got.

So, the question remains … what is the Mcash and GOT equivalency going to be when the platform goes live and will the “top up” exchange rate of “10 SGD = 5,000 GOT” change daily to reflect the fluctuations of the price of the Mcash cryptocurrency ?

When people use the word “blockchain” to promote their new idea/business, I immediately become skeptical of the underlying intentions. I feel that, a lot of times, such endeavors are mainly about hyping up a new “token”/currency that is being launched for the primary benefit of the founders, rather than actually delivering the social good that is being promised.

If this project is being conducted in good faith, then I suppose it could be summarized as a platform (technology and infrastructure) for connecting go teachers and players. Why is blockchain so essential for doing this?

One of the claims is that this is the “First-ever Go decentralized application”. However, actually, there has been at least one other scheme applying blockchain technology to the game of go (for gambling). In fact, coincidentally, someone even recently bumped the thread where it was being discussed here.

3 Likes

So, what’s all this talk about CASH?

If you want any people interested in Go to join your enterprise, why not talk about GO?

Also:

And I’m still wondering, why children?! I wouldn’t trust children handling basically anything, so why would I trust them to correctly manage a blockchain-based paying scheme for go lessons? I’d rather deliver the cash personally.

Yes, but Paypal at least works properly and is trustworthy by experience, and deals in a currency that is not as volatile as either of the alternatives you mention.

4 Likes

This does not answer any of the questions from @flovo in the slightest

1 Like

Blockchain is beautiful.
To understand somethings beauty you must experience it yourself.

1 Like

Exactly, @flovo is not asking about how blockchains work in general, but rather how does the God of Go blockchain work in particular (i.e., how it is specifically designed, what are its parameters/permissions/etc, what cryptographic algorithms does it rely, and so on).

Typically, a serious blockchain proposal whitepaper would go into these technical details, or at least summarize them and point to other sources, like academic papers, with further details.

The God of Go whitepaper is basically just a marketing brochure, advertising claimed features, while providing zero substance on how they would actually be delivered. It fails to make a compelling argument of why one should believe in their technology. In fact, it leaves me feeling uncertain of whether their technology even exists at this point. Perhaps, some of these features are just lofty ideas at this point, without much development completed toward actually realizing them, or perhaps, even that is giving too much benefit of the doubt.

3 Likes