Guess rank game

Right about like this:

@terrific 3k 2d
@bugcat 2d
@shinuito 4k
@Atorrante 8k

Summary

goodthing vs. greenfieldtx

Technically their OGS rating at the moment was 2k. But looking at their graph it seems both of them were in the upward part of the graph when the game happened. So guess dan assessment might be correct. I didn’t check the graphs when I posted the game because I thought the game looked cool.

2 Likes

Not a bad warmup!

I guess that means that @shinuito has the right to the next go.

@shinuito Do you want to claim your go?

2 Likes

I think only games that were played after rank system update should be posted. Or it would not be clear what “rank” mean.

2 Likes

Let me look for one so, and I’ll edit it in here :slight_smile:

Sometimes it’s hard to remember to come back to these things!

Edit:

Clock starts with 5 minutes main time, followed by 5 30 seconds periods.

2 Likes

3d

1 Like

To me this doesn’t feel like a dan-ish game; more like a game between some almost dan players (1-3 kyu).
But I have been wrong before :grin:
So I will second @S_Alexander 's disclaimer.

I agree with @Atorrante that especially Black’s play around move 50ish didn’t seem Dan like - so either it is high dan beyond my comprehension, or not-quite-dan-in-the-old-ranking.

Curiously @Atorrante didn’t actually specify his guess, so I’m going to take 1d (new ranks),

(You’re not allowed to specify a range for your guess, right?)

Okay, 2 kyu it is.

1 Like

3k. Too many kikashi to be dan. Tiger mouth connections in yose when not needed gave more ko threats, again not dan level. B9 was messy.

Guesses

I think it’s good it wasn’t too obvious, probably when it’s a fast game it’s trickier, and interesting to see what looks like dan level and not :slight_smile:

I’ll wait for another while, as I imagine @bugcat and @stone.defender might want to guess :slight_smile:

2 Likes

5 dan

2 Likes

2d, no kyu will play like this, high dan would probably resign with such difference but they played until pass.

I’ll guess 4D.

Ok we’ll give it away and let someone else post a new one :slight_smile:

Summary

They’re both 3 dans!

Chan Go Master vs. TrnVitH

This was a random game I just happened to watch and needed to find one for this :slight_smile:

So @terrific was spot on with the first guess too :slight_smile: They’re mostly in the right ballpark though :slight_smile:

Thanks for the guesses! @terrific @S_Alexander @GreenAsJade @Atorrante @Groin @Gurxtav @stone.defender @martin3141

5 Likes

Maybe DDKs

1 Like

suggestion by anticipation?

2 Likes

The game took place after the rank adjustment.
Japanese Byo-Yomi: Clock starts with 9 minutes main time, followed by 4 25 seconds periods.

@shinuito Just noticed you didn’t delete the link in the SGF you uploaded…

@terrific Are they definitely the same rank?

Anyhow assuming they are I go for 16k

1 Like