Help Wanted in Steelwater Bog [Werewolf 5.1 Sign-up]

I like everything I see in the rules, especially the blind elimination thing, makes the witch spells really fun.

4 Likes

Is a strict majority (greater than half) required to execute? Or does a strict plurality (greater than all of the others) suffice?

3 Likes

A strict plurality is all we need for execution. I will update the rules to reflect this clarification.

The rules are written with the assumption that we have at least 12 players. If someone drops out before we start, the number of evil players may be adjusted.

4 Likes

Done :slight_smile:

1 Like

I’m down

4 Likes

I like the rules.
Although blind elimination is tough. :flushed:

5 Likes

I really like the witch idea, have we had this before?

1 Like

Hopefully it only changes up the strategies needed for the game and doesn’t make the game not fun / unplayable.

Nope, new role for this game :slight_smile:

3 Likes

I’m assuming the kibitz thread will become public after the game ends, and that dead players can join the kibitz?

Would it be interesting to allow the witch to revive the person voted out by the village?

6 Likes

I can’t join as I have a big homework for English due tomorrow .But if I can not post for the first day I can join.

2 Likes

@李建澔2 The first “day” lasts 48 hours, so you should be fine if it’s due tomorrow.

Yes, the kibitz thread will be made public once the game ends. Eliminated players will automatically be added to the kibitz thread when they are killed off.

I did think about this, and I suppose it could work if the executed player isn’t added to the other thread until after the following night phase. I’m not sure which way would be better though. What does everyone else think?

4 Likes

I think that’s an interesting idea.

What if the witch is a lover and the other lover was just voted out by the village. Is the witch immediately dead? Or do they have the chance to save their self (by saving their lover) with the revive?

4 Likes

What if the witch is voted out? Does she have a chance to save herself?

4 Likes

Let’s say if the witch is voted out they are unable to save themself since they’re dead. I suppose that would hold true for the night phase as well. If killed by the baddies they wouldn’t really be able to use an elixir on themself.

I’d originally thought the witch would be able to save herself if she died, but it doesn’t really make sense.

She can definitely revive her lover though if they’re killed.

4 Likes

Edit: I finished it somehow.

1 Like

Great. Does that mean you are confirming your ability to participate in this game and that you have thoroughly read the rules?

We have not yet gotten confirmation from @HHG, @Sanonius, or @papavero.

We still have about 12 hours to go though, and I don’t think any of them have been online since I asked everyone to confirm. Hopefully we’ll see confirmation from each before the game starts.

1 Like

I confirm i’m still in to play! The witch role looks exciting.

4 Likes

Yes it means I will join , I am reading the rules like right now.

3 Likes

Witches work in mysterious ways. I’d like for the witch to be able to save themselves as they can everyone and not overthink it.

5 Likes