Help Wanted in Steelwater Bog [Werewolf 5.1 Sign-up]

Good point. For the sake of simplicity, the witch will be able to save anyone who has died during the night phase including herself. Players eliminated during the day cannot be saved.

6 Likes

Iā€™m in.

3 Likes

Still no sign of @HHG. They recently dropped out of the Diplomatic Go game, so Iā€™m wondering if that means they arenā€™t able to play in this for the same reason.

3 Likes

Oh shoot, I forgot to mention. Yes, I think itā€™s safe to assume that @HHG wonā€™t be able to play in this game as well, unless they reply to state otherwise.

4 Likes

The game has started here: Werewolf Game 5.1: Trouble in Steelwater Bog

Private spectator thread has also been opened. If anyone wishes to join, let me know. However, be aware that the spectator thread will contain spoilers for character roles.

3 Likes

Hi @syoon, I didnā€™t notice if you added your name to the signup list before or after the game started. I kind of did a last confirmation call yesterday and started the game off of who had confirmed participation by commenting or editing this wiki post. If you added your name before the game started, Iā€™m really sorry that overlooked you. :frowning_face:

If youā€™re still interested, Iā€™ll keep you on standby as a replacement in the event that someone drops out or stops participating. I can also add you to the kibitz thread if you donā€™t want to be a substitute.

5 Likes

When it is public who votes for whom, social desirable voting will happen.
Anonymous voting will show what people really want.

@Atorrante It is very important to know who votes for who, since allies are not supposed to vote for each other.

It could be added as a mechanic in a next game for the fun of it, but it hasnā€™t stopped us killing each other until now.

3 Likes

@Atorrante, as a spectator, you should not comment in the game thread.

Weā€™ve always played with public voting in past games, and itā€™s the most common practice for werewolf games in general. Seeing who votes for who is a big source of information.

3 Likes

I was confused and thought Atorrante was playing, since they replied in this thread (yes, I should have checked, but we have new faces and Iā€™m not supersmart).
Is there any way to restrict commenting to certain users?

3 Likes

Letā€™s keep comments and questions regarding game mechanics in the sign-up thread.

Also, I just noticed that I forgot to remove HHG from the poll when I copied my draft over. HHG was a no show and is not part of this game.

5 Likes

Okay, wasnā€™t clear to me that it was forbidden to comment in this context.
Not everyone is familiar with Werewolfā€™s mores.
Maybe a closed group for games like this?

As RubyMineshaft said, you can post in the sign-up or you can join the kibitzing thread.

1 Like

I donā€™t know if itā€™s possible to keep a thread publicly viewable, while also preventing others from posting.

We could play in a private message thread, but then that removes the game from the view of general public until it is finished. I think having it open to view for spectators live is worth dealing with the occasional spectator that mistakenly posts. I think it has always been harmless so far.

Just a reminder for spectators that might be checking the game thread:

2 Likes

I agree, it was more of a ā€œis it possibleā€ thing, not a ā€œomg itā€™s direly neededā€ thing.

2 Likes

@RubyMineshaft i didnā€™t realize we could use a character name. :frowning: I donā€™t want to be Gia when everyone else is National Theatre.
Iā€™m editing my post accordingly, I hope you donā€™t mind.

6 Likes

Even though Iā€™ve already read most of the posts, I wonā€™t be able to say something until tomorrow (like, 2020-09-02T08:00:00Z or so). Just so you all know. :slight_smile:

4 Likes

I am not National Theatre. I am being Hazel Axeny.

2 Likes

Just so you know, now thereā€™s a google result for this. :stuck_out_tongue: You made history.

2 Likes

Yay!

Although when I look up ā€œHazel Axenyā€, it shows up the post from when we were gonna do the other one when I woulda been the blond youth person and it has a bunch of random results from newspapers and stuff.

1 Like