How not to get bored during a lockdown

Yes, that is a good version, but not as good, I think, as the one I referred to from the 1980s, which is sadly unavailable on YouTube. I experience similar frustration with The Playboy of the Western World (my favorite play), the best version of which, IMHO, appeared on Masterpiece Theater in the 1970s or 80s, but is unavailable on DVD or YouTube.

1 Like

You could write a book. Maybe about Go, or a Go player, or fiction. You can try a novella or something more serious. There are dozens of ways to do this, and I think it might be fun just to plan it and educate yourself about different writing styles.

3 Likes

@bugcat Or he could help translate one #shameless_plug :stuck_out_tongue: :rofl:

1 Like

How to Cook That

This channel is about a third debunking fake recipes from tiktok and youtube, a third making and decorating cakes, and a third other stuff, like this historical cooking video.

This one has less “people trying to read manuscripts” content, but I feel like I’ve posted it before…

Weird Explorer

I’m just getting into this channel. A large part of it seems to be reviews of uncommon fruits.

1 Like

Test untested part(s) of yourself.

You can watch the Survivorman series for free on this apparently official and legal channel.

The series is about outdoor survival (perhaps not “bushcraft” – that’s more Ray Mears or Les Hiddins).

The everything is fascinating challenge

1. Select a subject that you know not much about and that also at first sight doesn’t really interest you (and that even you may find disgusting).
  2. Open up your mind. Take a deep breath. Set aside all your prejudices. And let it flow.
  3. Start looking for things, knowledge, applications, pictures, video’s, etc. that make you not so interesting subject interesting, if not fascinating.
  4. Come back here and tell us about your newly found interest or fascination.

7 Likes

Well, I was feeling pleased with all the things I’ve done during quarantines and then this popped up:

Of what I gathered elsewhere, he was feeling bored during quarantines and since now he had free time, he worked on improving our knowledge on the potential creation of warp drives. :innocent:

I need to watch the full lecture now … I must know more and even if someone doesn’t like the subject, they can use it as @Atorrante 's challenge theme :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Today I made a cardboard boomerang. I don’t know if it will work, but tomorrow I’ll find out.

A less amusing activity for a lockdown is to change your bedsheets. Let’s hope there’s a new one.

10 Likes

“Ok then boomerang.
I hope you’ll be happy and live a happy life.
I hope you see great things and visit many beautiful places.
I hope you find someone who loves you as I did. I hope you’ll love him too. I hope it’s someone who cares for you. Someone to go back to at the end of the day.
We could have been great together. But this is no time for regrets.
Most probably a dog will just shit on you, so this could be your last kiss ever… no, I’m not crying…”

There was no comeback. I looked at him one last time. Then I left.

5 Likes

This one worked.

9 Likes

I’m surprised no-one linked this thread.

I’ve been watching a lot of Conan lately.

This is the “remotes” playlist, aka things that aren’t either interviews or sketches, ie. “outdoor exploits”: Conan Interviews "Late Night" Associate Producer Jordan Schlansky - "Late Night With Conan O'Brien" - YouTube

Lots of things to get interested in here:

Here are some geography channels I watch:

The major series on this channel are Map Men and Unfinished London.

This channel is largely about the UK rail network.

The channel with the lowest production value, this one is essentially a guy lecturing with Google Maps.

And then channels I’d classify as travelogue (apart from Tom Scott who is already very widely known):

Mainly Europe.

Mainly Russia and the rest of the former USSR.

Mainly Africa.

1 Like

Here’s a 40+ minute youtube video

1 Like

i like to not get bored , by playing in a bunch of go tournaments ( mostly corr ones ).

1 Like

Me too! I do it by playing games on OGS, chatting online, and make art and crafts.

3 Likes

I’ve started working with clay lately and I made a Totoro that I’m kind of proud of. He looks like he’s sleeping but he’s dead.

14 Likes

Thanks for clarifying.

7 Likes

Now he’s only tot. =(

4 Likes