###As you know, the end of May TNL is approaching:
###While we are certainly looking forward to the future of TNL, we do want to take this moment to hear from you guys and explore the best options for the league. Feel free to answer any of the following questions, and please be honest and respectful. Several users have PM’ed me and shared their ideas; if you have done so, we kindly invite you to distill your thoughts in this forum thread.
- Did the break in April affect your participation in May?
- Have you played more than half of your league games? If not, why not? (a)Lost interest (b) Opponents didn’t respond to scheduling requests ©Schedule mismatches (d)Too busy (e)Other, please specify
- If you dropped out of TNL, why? (a)Lost interest (b)Scheduling problems ©Too busy (e)Other, please specify
- What do people think would make the league interesting for them? (a)reviews (b)finding OGS opponents near same level (for friendships and/or rivalries) (e)Other, please specify
- Do you usually review your game with your opponent? (yes, mostly yes, about half, mostly no, no) Does reviewing a game with your opponent help you? (yes,no,depends) Did you get any reviews of league games from stronger players? (how many, did you ask for one) Did you review someones games?
- Are members of your group mostly (a) at your strength level (within 2 stones) (b) stronger than you (more than 2 stones) © weaker than you (more than 2 stones)
- Is the way of sorting into groups important for you? If yes - why? (allow multiple selections) (a)don’t want to lose too many games, (b)don’t want too many easy wins, ©competition is very important for me so rank of my group is important, (d)evenly matched games are more exciting
- What do people think would make the league interesting for them? What was your best experience playing in TNL?
- How important are time zones?
###Finally, please choose all options that you think should apply to the June TNL:
a) Pause the June TNL and redesign our structure
b) Decrease the class size from 5 to 4
c) Divide TNL into time zones
d) Extend the league cycle from 1 month to 2 months
e) Invent more appealing prizes
f) Schedule more reviews
g) Let each class decide its own time settings for the month, given a universal minimum time requirement
h) Sort players by overall rating, instead of live rating
###Last but not least, some good news: I have successfully implemented a communal calendar which can be embedded in the TNL website. Users can post events by filling out an on-site form, which will be pushed directly to the calendar and seen by everyone.