Important Philosophical Questions + POLLS

How many times have you moved in your life?

• Iā€™ve lived in the same house my whole life
  • Iā€™ve move 1-2 times
  • Iā€™ve moved a few times
  • Iā€™ve moved so much I canā€™t recall the exact number

0 voters

This poll show that you underestimate how often people move

2 Likes

My grandmother lived in the same house her whole life until, at the age of 89, she (was) moved into a care home - basically against her will, but she already had severe dementia by then and didnā€™t realize what was happening. In the care home, she always thought she was for some reason staying at the guest house next door, and that it only looked a bit different because they had renovated. She died soon after her 90th birthday.

(The family who runs that guest house and my grandmotherā€™s family had been close since my 3x-great-grandparents had moved to the area around 1850. My grandmother regularly ate at their restaurant, and before they all got too old, she met up there every other week or so with her girlfriends to play skittles and have some drinks.)

5 Likes

Edit: when I was young we played croquet.

Wonder where our set is now. Maybe my hoarding sister knows more :grinning:

3 Likes

In your bowl of hot milk
You want

• A lot of milk skin, the more the best
  • some skin is fine
  • No skin at all

0 voters

Does the person sitting in the middle seat of a train or airplane get both armrests?
  • Yes
  • No

0 voters

The person in the middle canā€™t lean on the window. Windows can take a lot of fatigue off the passenger.
The person on the outside can stretch a leg and get some balance this way.
The person in the middle should get the armrests.
Itā€™s good for everyone. If the person in the middle canā€™t find balance, there will be fuss and disputes.

6 Likes

I donā€™t ever want a bowl of hot milk, thanks. :wink:

4 Likes

from Imgflip Meme Generator

5 Likes

Important philosophical question:

Why does my turn in huge rengo games always come when I need to use some vacation days?

1 Like

When I started playing go I used to take lessons. I would meet my teacher in a bar. I was 12 and smoking was still allowed in bars back then. Everyone around me was drinking alcohol and smoking. I would order a cup of hot milk.

There was no hot milk on the menu, but there was hot chocolate, and there were a lot of different bartenders, so the bartender would typically decide on a random price for hot milk just for me. Sometimes it was much cheaper than hot chocolate, sometimes it was the same price.

7 Likes

You didnā€™t like too much chocolate or was it a bit too expensive ? Or too heavy drink?

1 Like

I wasnā€™t used to bars so the first time I asked for it I did not realise asking for hot milk might make it more difficult than asking for hot chocolate.

But yes, I did not see any reason to ask for hot chocolat rather than for hot milk. Sometimes we stayed long and I had to get a second drink. Two hot chocolates would have been a lot of sugar.

Also, pretty soon I was known among the go players of the bar as ā€œthat kid who drinks milkā€, so it was too late to change!

6 Likes

When I was a kid I used to drink hot milk until the age of 12. Then I realized that cold milk tastes better. I stopped drinking milk when I realized that wine tastes better when I considered that no adult animal drinks milk, let alone milk from another animal.

2 Likes

I note that no other adult animal plays the game of goā€¦

7 Likes

am I a joke to you

3 Likes

There is no such thing as Kaya intolerance or slate-and-shell allergy. Anyway thatā€™s my personal choice, I am not trying to convince anyone itā€™s the best.

1 Like

Not sure about kaya or slate but shell(fish) intolerance can be rather severe

My cats play go as well sometimes.

9 Likes
For which of these fruits/vegetables, do you eat the skin/peel?
  • :apple:
  • :pear:
  • :grapes:
  • :blueberries:
  • :peach:
  • :strawberry:
  • :tomato:
  • :mango:
  • :kiwi_fruit:
  • :carrot:
  • :cucumber:
  • :banana: