🎉 Introducing GoTV 📺

About the name GoTV:

I just realised that it’s not called GoTV in all languages?
For example if your language is set to Korean it’s called 바둑TV(BadukTV)?
This will become the same name as their native Baduk TV channel which is available on both TV and YouTube.

Just wondering why the name GoTV? Why not OGSTV? And I’m sure other people can come up with more fancy names.

9 Likes

Today’s update is now live! You may need to refresh the page to see the changes.

The major update is a workaround for the issue of streams dropping in and out. This should no longer occur, but please let us know if you continue to experience this problem. As a side effect of the workaround, streams will now remain in the list for up to 2 minutes after they have ended. This is expected behavior.

For a detailed list of updates, check the changelog in the dropdown at the bottom of the original post.

7 Likes

Right, but I’m not thinking “back”, I’m thinking “exit GoTV”…

… and the back button is way over the other side of the screen from where my mouse is right now (right where the GoTV icon used to be :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:).

2 Likes

Good point about “BadukTV”, we sure won’t want to tread on their toes.

So … many … characters … :sweat_smile:

We have:

• OGS
  • OGF, albeit informally, for “Online Go Forum”

How about “OGT”, for “Online Go Teevee”?

2 Likes

Yeah, we can look into specific translation issues, but generally “GoTV” works well. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Yeah OGT sounds nice :grinning:

3 Likes

Pronounced as an acronym or initialism?

5 Likes

I’m having some issues logging in to Twitch.
After the “Login will open in a separate window.” comes out, nothing happens when I click the log in button. A window comes out but it just closes automatically and I’m still not logged in.

1 Like

Do you have some adblock that prevents pop-ups?

As letters: “O”, “G”, “T”

/me throws gauntlet on the floor

2 Likes

O.G. T?

3 Likes

Are you all overthinking this? From what I can see, it seems to be called “Live Streams” - isn’t that a perfectly fine, descriptive name?

2 Likes

I mean, it’s definitely called GoTV

Screenshot_20240701_234923_Firefox

But that’s not to say “Live Streams” isn’t a “perfectly fine, descriptive name”.

3 Likes

This is a very interesting “Go” stream

3 Likes

Japanese scoring - endless confusing rules.
M:tG - RTFC.

Seems good :+1:

3 Likes

Typo from “MTGO”?

5 Likes

Is that what this game is called?

Magic the Gathering (Online)

Edit: the A in MTGA could be “Arena” if not a typo

2 Likes

Looks like they stream both Go and Magic, among other things. They must have forgotten to update the game before starting the stream.

7 Likes

Some streamers also play different games in the course of a single stream. I think Dwyrin sometimes played a few Go games followed by Baldur’s Gate III.

3 Likes