Looking for beta testers for OGS v5!

When you make conditional moves in a game, the move tree is stored but is not shown the next time you go to add conditional moves. It only reveals the stored tree if you enter one of the moves already programmed.

2 Likes

The ladder is not updated.

Iā€™ve timed out (see https://beta.online-go.com/game/896), but the game is still active on the ladder page (see https://beta.online-go.com/ladder/10), so I canā€™t challenge again (Not challengable, ā€œAlready playing a game against this personā€).

Also the ladder page is still a bit messy. It is more readable than yesterday, but I would welcome lines between players or somethingā€¦

2 Likes

waiting for opponent -

I do think this is somewhat better interface than jumping to the board, and then getting mad
if you try to close it.

however, it does kind of lock your world in the same way, which is too bad if you want to
observe or chat while waiting.

i know you can manually bring up more tabs, but maybe something more like a notification?

(i know, ui suggestions go to the back of the list for now - thats ok)

2 Likes

overlap between save disk and zen

chrome 55.0.2883.95 (64-bit) on mac

quasi-related:
i know that save isnā€™t supposed to be considered the terminal of the volume.
but i still instinctively always thinkā€¦interpolate between speaker and floppy
diskā€¦what is half a speaker and half a floppy?

2 Likes

Well, Iā€™m no graphic designer either, but I feel it would be better if all profile pictures had the same size. One easy choice would be to make them fit the height of the text that doesnā€™t vary on the right (usually, this means they would be bigger, which is good :smiley:) .

2 Likes

Initial time and Max time in the Fischer time setting could not be set independently.

(I actually think it should be possible to have more initial time than max time, but the other way around also did not work.)

1 Like

Just to put it out there, Iā€™m not a fan of an unswitchable Auto-Advance. (Did I miss a setting somewhere?)

No you didnā€™t miss it, I just forgot to put it back in, itā€™s on the todo list already - should be in early next week.

2 Likes

little layout problem, chrome 55.0.2883.95 (64-bit)

3 Likes

Some new things I noticed: :slight_smile:
(still on mozzila with two accounts running)

several weird issues with clock:

• time in the accept scoring phase is frozen (works, but does not count down visually)
  • when you pause a game and then do not unpause but play a move by clicking the moves is accepted, but the game stays paused.
  • whenever I make a move several seconds seem to be randomly added or reduced from my clock
  • several times (when playing blitz) I timed out even though I had still several byo yomis left.
  • when I pause the game on byo-yomi the girl seems to quickly say a random number :smiley:

Other minor fun things:

• Default live option for 13x13 seems to give white only 0,5 komi (only on 13x13)
  • Even though I am unable to accept live games when already in one I seem to be able to create live challenges, kind of weird.
  • when you click around with the square or triangle tool in analyze mode and then return to the game, the cursors stays triangled
2 Likes

This thread brought up a thing I found a bit odd as well.

There should be a better feedback if the game has analysis disabled and the SGF can not be downloaded. Maybe just omit the download button in such games (of course, bring it back after the game is finished), or flash a warning like the one displayed when one tries to enter analysisā€¦

Now, v5beta at least brings up an ERR_INVALID_RESPONSE and does not download an empty SGF (or rather one with ā€œError: SGF downloading is disabled for this game until the game is finished.ā€) which might confuse users.

2 Likes

The default values for round robin tournaments are illegal, there are still ā€œpairing methodsā€ and there is the text that I have to be on the tournament page even though it is a correspondence tournament.

2 Likes

To be more specific it seems default 13x13 live option gives white 1 handicap (erasing komi) which is weird, since both my accounts have exactly the same rank, same number of played games and same win/lose ratio atm.

Furthermore:

• still unable to create custom 9x9? (creates 19x19)
  • I seem unable to change my password and am instead greeted with this message: ā€˜WSGIRequestā€™ object has no attribute ā€˜REQUESTā€™
  • the game information before accepting seems to read automatic komi even though I chose custom and in fact the custom komi was used in game
  • I guess no one really cares, but since it is possible to create a draw maybe the ending messige should be something different than black wins by 0 (although I am glad that black is favoured for once :smiley: ;-))
3 Likes

Man, you are working fast :smiley:

• Change password is now working, but when I do it it seems to leave me in some half logged in state where it seems that I am logged in, but cant really do anything useful (create games) until I log out and back in.
  • The sign in form says username or email, but as far as I can tell accepts only username.
  • The change page arrow in Watch games mode does not work for me (can only see the first page out of X). Also it might be usefull to put one at the bottom of the page as well. It is kind of annoying/confusing to have to navigate back up.
  • When there is a live PRIVATE game in progress and a third user goes to the Watch page he is immediately greeted with ā€œNot allowed to access this gameā€ error (before clicking on anything). The page then shows this game as a board with endless loading on it. (It was the only live game atm, if that might be significantā€¦)
3 Likes

Found a bug/missing control: (on mobile) if I click on the move number in the comments section I get to that specific move. But then there is no way to get back to the current state Of the game apart from reloading the whole site

3 Likes

Have just started playing on beta.org (and am sandbagging, boo for me but I wanted to test the rank change weirdness), is this the right place to mention bugs or are you using a tracker somewhere?

Minor thing: When creating a new custom game, whatever board size you select at the top is overridden by whatever your last custom game was. So if you click ā€˜9x9ā€™ and then ā€œCustomā€ and your previous custom game was 19x19, the form will start with 19x19 selected.

Related minor thing: Using the quick start game (Correspondence vs Live vs Blitz) you can only play ranked, handicapped games. This might be deliberate (encourage handicaps!) but it is not how most OGS users play right now.

Not a bug but a suggestion: Could the required number of games for provisional players be reduced in beta? It would be nice to test the correspondence ladders sooner than the month or two it will take to complete enough correspondence games required, even assuming people play really fast.

3 Likes

Yep here is great. Good catches and points, theyā€™re in the queue :slight_smile:

Also I just set everyoneā€™s provisional games to 0 on beta. I need to do that automatically tooā€¦ havenā€™t done that yet though.

1 Like

No game notification email received from beta server yet, I lost my very 1st game on beta server due to timeout.

1 Like

I canā€™t get rid of an invitation to a group, it always comes back after reload.
It can not be declined (ā€œAn error has occurredā€¦ā€), nor it can be dismissed by ā€œClear all notificationsā€.

EDIT: I accepted and then left the group, so thereā€™s no notification anymore, but the problem will be there, I presume.

1 Like

This is an old bug, but itā€™s still around:

1. Press ā€˜estimate scoreā€™.
  2. Press ā€˜analyze gameā€™.

You are now stuck in estimate score mode, cannot analyze, and ā€˜Back to Gameā€™ no longer works. You have to reload the game.

1 Like