Music sharing thread. Links only. No chit chat

Steely Dan – Do It Again

1 Like

Shigeru Umebayashi – In the Mood for Love

1 Like

Amaterasu 天照 - Bando Tomasaburo V & Kodo

Kabuki onnagata Tomasaburo and taiko drumming group Kodo collaborate in a retelling of the myth (good story, short read) of Amaterasu-ōmikami and her brother Susano-O. The scene is Takachiho in Miyazaki Prefecture. Six 10 minute segments.

Amaterasu (Amaterasu-ōmikami, 天照大神, “Great Divinity Illuminating Heaven”) is a part of the Japanese myth cycle, the sun goddess, sister of Susano-O, the god of storms and the sea, and of Tsukuyomi, the god of the moon and ruler of the night, and a major deity of the Shinto religion from whom the Japanese imperial family claims direct descent.

Other related info (e.g. creation myth, pantheon of deities,…):
-Japanese folklore and mythology
-Tamasaburo Bando and Kodo reach for primitive emotions 2006
-Takachiho, Caving in to the gods 2005
-Land of the Sun Goddess 2009

Cesaria Evora – Besame Mucho

More Sufjan Stevens. Here’s the “Mercury” lyric video from the upcoming Planetarium album.

1 Like

A meek melody, I didn’t quite like at first. I feel now that I do it better justice by sharing it:

4 Likes

I found about this project some time ago. I’ve since loved the concept, the locations, and the voices

3 Likes

Little on the rough side. Good rhythms though.
Fit For An Autopsy - “Black Mammoth” Official Music Video

3 Likes
1 Like
2 Likes

some new retrowave

1 Like

Torha, Earstrip - Clever Words (Original Mix)

1 Like

From my country, unbeknownst to me.

4 Likes

Shakira - Hips Don’t Lie (Spanish Version) (single)

1 Like

Shakira, in the old days, she used to be more into rock and other musical genres.

Not as criticism to her career (which is quite prolific), but I bid you to compare the lyrics of her songs then and now.

In all fairness, I actually like this one as well

2 Likes

Similar case for Juanes

1 Like

Rachel Brice paris performance 2005

Some psychedelic rock.

Tame impala - Elephant

4 Likes