Napster's music sharing thread. Chit chat and links

One man:

3 Likes

Obokuri Eeumi from Ikue Asazaki

Let it shakes loose some of the cob webs.

2 Likes
2 Likes

I suddenly think of my Taiwan brothers and sisters.

Here is the lyrics translated in English:

”Cold wind blows across the road in front of me
In this dim city it is raining again tonight
On the dark roads every body steps heavily
Drunk men and women leading befuddled lives are walking out of breath
Every night I wait for the sun to come out
Raising my head, looking up, there seems to be a silver lining in front
Pale face with drum lantern in hand
Take me to the boundless sea floating up and down with waves
Welcome to the great city
Red stream with blood stain colored Egret
Belly full of ideals and sadness of the past
All tossed off with this glass of wine”

1 Like
1 Like

Dystopian?

I got ya dystopian right here

3 Likes

Gimme water, yeast, and veggie trash.
Leave it sittin’ in a slurry mash.
When it’s ready, put it in the still.
If you can’t heat it then the sunlight will.
Draw the alcohol away, and then
Ya put the slurry back and start again.

2 Likes

Say thanks to Sun_Hawk for this, he/she was the one to remind it to me (how do I do that thing with the name? meaning, to post his/her name so that he/she receives a notification?)

Edit: my rough guess is that he’s a he, hawks are usually males. Unless they’re females, just like kangaroos.

2 Likes

Use the @ @PiggyStardust @ginnungagap

2 Likes

Thanks @You_Know_Me.
Wow! This works! You deserve a special song!

Hope this isn’t considered an off-topic, if this is the case take it as an april’s fool.

2 Likes

One of my very fav’s from Fela:

1 Like

Did ya miss me?

Just in case you want the original, instead:

1 Like

One more, why not. Can you make it passed the bridge?

If so you will be granted an additional roll for your constitution.

Can someone grab a spatula and assist me in peeling my flesh from my computer chair?

I couldn’t resist to bump Hedgehog’s Dilemma… Which we may all be feeling this days…

2 Likes

Some songs with valid covers:

3 Likes

Well done. Totally forgot that cover was in The Crow. Johnny Cash literally slays that cover. Talk about unsettling the cob webs. It’s very interesting to me that Hendrix had such a fondness for Bob Dylan. This reminds me of another artist who maybe I’ll stick in on the other forum.

In the spirit of covers… (if anyone missed it… Alt-J w/ the Bill Withers cover… on the no chit chat forum)

Always love the reaction when people didn’t realize that this was a Bruce Springsteen song…

And now whenever I heard the Manfred Man cover… I can help but think of Trump squinting up at the eclipse… I sigh… It’s not even funny anymore.

BU t Co v e rS A r e so FUN! Onward:

Oh man… do we still need the original? Well, if you’re a purist, look it up yourself…
But! Did you know that Leonard Cohen wrote like 100 verses of this song? No joke. I’ve read he liked to sing different verses every time he preformed it. (Don’t write off John Cale’s version, unless, of course, your a purist, and you’d rather give tribute to say… Lou Reed…)

Last one. The one everyone will see but no one will listen too :stuck_out_tongue:

I’m sure you know the famous one… And I do love Whitney… BUT! Did you know that Dolly Parton wrote this song & Jolene on the same night? So the rumors go… If you’re not familiar, in Jolene she pleads with Jolene to not take her man away.
1 Like

Interesting that Springsteen’s version is not the famous one. As for Hallelujah, I’m a big fan of Cohen, his version is still my favourite, but I dig Buckley’s as well. It actually doesn’t sound like a cover, more like a totally different song.

Since we talked about Mazzy Star, here’s one of their best IMHO:

And to pleasure the eye too, here is a brief concert that made me fall in love with Hope Sandoval:

1 Like

I stumbled upon this gem the other day. I had never heard it before…

I thought it was too cool.

2 Likes
5 Likes

This one seems to fit the times nicely:

1 Like

^___^ yay the thread didn’t die :smiley:
Well Imma have a lot of new stuff to go through thanks peeps <3
I have been away moving to Miami and trying to survive here ^^"

1 Like